Extreme Rules 2020 really was a horror show *spoilers*...

iMPACt!

People bash wwe the way they do a football team. “I’m not watching again” is the “im never going back” . But everyone does in the end 

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

See I'd say it's the opposite these days from what I read, not necessarily on here but I constantly see them getting bashed no matter what they do.

Don't get me wrong they do deserve some shit they get but for a lot of "fans" its the cool thing to do these days.

They bash them online but, for the most part, still sit through the TV they plainly don't enjoy and pay for the PPV's/Network subs for shows they have no interest in watching. Do you think Vince McMahon and the higher ups will even bat an eyelid for as long as that's the case?

I know ratings aren't what they were, but if the product is really as bad as most people here say it is, they don't deserve even half of what they're getting.

Edited by garynysmon

Loads of people have stopped watching and those that have stayed are getting old.

I know lots who have stopped. I’d say most people I know who used to watch don’t now. 

I stopped a couple of years ago and I’ll never be back. I’d watched since Summerslam 90 and the habit wasn’t easy to break at first but it’s lovely without it.

I foolishly keep paying them. I'm exactly as described. Somebody who will keep watching now and again as I've dedicated 20 years to it. I'm part of the problem.

I think those who keep down just hope that it will return at some point to decent TV. The stuff that got you interested in the first place which is really great characters and a reason you must tune in. 

Although the match quality is too floppy floppy indie, I do think AEW present a more enjoyable easy to watch show that does remind me of why I liked wrestling in the first place. And I would love WWE to simplify and get back to what I enjoy. I don't want to be bashing them, just give me so decent wrestling that I'm not mortified at the thought of somebody catching me watching.

With the desire to only read the spoilers for this show I now understand why I long since lost interest in whatever shit show they’re trying to peddle. I was invested in Drew getting the push from the Rumble and then COVID happened and they still ploughed on with Mania which was as dumb a decision as you could imagine in my opinion.

I’ve not watched WWE TV since God knows when. My only Network activity is either the documentaries or Prime Time Wrestling (late 1989 at the moment) as well as PPVs from that era and I’ve just started at the beginning of SNME). Sure, not all of it was winning material but it takes me back to when I first got into the WWF product and is a nice nostalgia trip.

Anything from the current product is just one giant turn-off. 

Edited by SpykeDudlei1

11 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

Which statement is the Lie?

If you haven't watched any WWE in Months how do you know what the rest have been like?

I said in the same post that I watch clips and certain things I think could be interesting or different.

I havent watched an entire show in months.

Is that clearer for you? 

I’ve not watched a full show since the Rumble. Caught bits and pieces here and there. It all seems like absolute garbage at the moment, doesn’t it? I’ve certainly no desire to watch anything in full at the moment.

Seen that Triple H video do the rounds on Reddit. The Authority were the pits - as is 90% of WWE's ~reality based shtick - but everyone's basically getting worked by a six year old heel promo. The online contingent won't be the last to turn out the lights. They'll be moths to the lightbulb on the ship as it goes down. We're sub 1.0 and most of us nick Raw online anyway. 

There's a huge drop in viewership, but it's the silent majority who've habit watched for years and years. They won't tell you they're fucking off. They didn't bother showing up to Raw in 2001 when WCW fucked off. They're not the people Triple H is on about in that promo, shithousing though it is. 

4 hours ago, RedRooster said:

If a wrestler is able to enjoy a comfortable life because of this shitty television show, power to them. 

Depends what side of the argument you want to fall on. I've had well paid jobs I've walked away from because I wasn't fulfilled by it. I've stayed in lesser paid jobs because it engages me.

One thing we can agree on is yes, if a wrestler is happy for the former scenario than yeah power to them. I'm not talking about your mainstays, the lifers, so to speak because they quite clearly are marks for themselves. Just so gosh, darn it, happy to be paid delivering lines and performing ballet. Again, power to them if they're fulfilled with that.

With the exception of that mid 90s period however, financially it's always been power in the chairman's hands. But enough cared to be bigger and better than they were to push through with their beliefs.

I don't follow enough, admittedly, to give a full in depth argument as to the ins and outs of the current wrestling business. What I will say however is, someone like a Rusev who wasn't just happy to pick up a steady paycheck and needed something more than living 'comfortably', fair play to him. I'm sure there are others similar to him but alas not as close to it as before to speculate, guess or bothered enough to read da Meltz to know. Instead we'll have the Zigglers of the world being happy to be a number, living comfortably.

Ratings are down but they are making more money than ever. 

We can complain about what we are watching, and here is a lot to dislike, but then are we even the target audience anymore? AEW is clearly geared for young adults, whilst WWE appears to be more "family" and children at this time (whilst also appealing to us old WWE / WWF fans). It's super sad that by "elevating" NXT it's getting sucked into that demographic too, I'd be super curious to see how the age demos changed as it transitioned.

The Nielsen Ratings systems is seriously flawed (and something we've all acknowledge and talked about on her a lot in the past) and doesn't accurately reflect digital viewing trends nor does it cover anyone under 18 years (as far as I am aware, I certainly couldn't find anything online). We're only getting part of picture.

And unpopular opinion; I liked the Eye for an Eye match. I thought the work in it was solid, and they did a decent job of balancing the stip and having a good match. As for the eye stunt, I thought that was acceptable and worked better as a moving image as oppose to a still like we saw in the thread.

The swamp match was poor though. No argument there. 

3 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I said in the same post that I watch clips and certain things I think could be interesting or different.

I havent watched an entire show in months.

Is that clearer for you? 

Not really no

You specifically singled out NXT and AEW as the 2 shows you watch Bits and Clips from whilst making sure to say you hadnt seen any WWE for months.

Ignoring the fact NXT is WWE still anyway why state you hadnt seen ANY WWE in months if you have then?