The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

This might just be me here and obviously I'm aware that priest is tied up with being screwed by finn and the judgment day but it makes no sense and hurts the raw championship belt when the champion has just lost his belt the biggest belt anyone could dream of holding and the two nights later gunter is in the middle of the ring bragging and you don't go and confront or even argue your case you deserve a immediate rematch.

It's the biggest belt in the company every human killing themselves just to be considered holding it and you let someone else walk in and claim the shot first it just makes everything look stupid and there's little chance Damien will get a look in for ages now which sucks because I thought he did extremely well as champion.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

the biggest belt anyone could dream of holding

It's the biggest belt in the company 

It's really tiring how much of a berk you are.

16 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

This might just be me here

Yes, it is.

17 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

obviously I'm aware that priest is tied up with being screwed by finn and the judgment day

Not aware enough.

but it makes no sense and hurts the raw championship belt when the champion has just lost his belt the biggest belt anyone could dream of holding and the two nights later gunter is in the middle of the ring bragging and you don't go and confront or even argue your case you deserve a immediate rematch.

If you were more aware, it would make sense.

It's the biggest belt in the company

It's absolutely not.

18 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

every human killing themselves just to be considered holding it 

Well that would be silly. How can they be considered to hold it if they've killed themselves?

18 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

you let someone else walk in and claim the shot first it just makes everything look stupid

Does it? Because he got arguably one of the biggest main roster reactions he's ever had.

19 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

there's little chance Damien will get a look in for ages now which sucks because I thought he did extremely well as champion.

He's now a solid babyface, teaming with the most over woman on the roster. He's way beyond what he was before. This is just another step in the right direction for him.

You could easily argue he'd lose a lot more by going right after Gunther again and losing.

• Paid Members

I realise Samantha Irvine can get on people's nerves a bit, but I don't know if its the Summer Flu hitting me but her putting so much emotion behind announcing the Wyatt Sicks as winners, with Bo shouting out before laughing and Rowan grabbing everyone in close to him got me a tad emotional. 

I guess like many I just want Rowan and Bo to do well and get some comfort from all of this, but it also feels like vindication for people like Lumis, Cross and Gacy for the hard work they've put in and been under utilised to then find their calling too. 

Eh who knows, all I know is it was a very decent Raw and Preist can sure throw a chokeslam. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I noticed his promos are sounding more New York than ever before, which leads me to believe he's speaking in something much closer to his real voice now (or at least his English-speaking voice) which is a very good thing. 

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, JLM said:

I noticed his promos are sounding more New York than ever before, which leads me to believe he's speaking in something much closer to his real voice now (or at least his English-speaking voice) which is a very good thing. 

I watched that 24 documentary on Priest on the network, and he grew up partially in New York so that might explain the accent. 

While it's not a groundbreaking documentary he comes across as a really likeable guy who loves what he does and is a big geek, which definitely endeared me to him even further. 

As an aside, with Rhea and Priest no longer there, that's finally all Edge-era members of the JD now no longer with the group. Which I thought seemed vaguely interesting. 

• Paid Members

Damien Priest now rules. CM Punk came out on a post-pay per view TV show and didn’t announce an injury. Roman Reigns is a proper, white meat, no-honestly, top babyface. Dirty Dom Mysterio managed to turn heel whilst already being a heel. Nia Jax doing the best work of her career and now they’ve made the fucking Wyatt Cinematic Universe work.

On the same week that we get Bryan Danielson vs. Double J Jeff Jarrett in a singles match.

We are living in the Sacred Timeline.

• Paid Members

Odyssey Jones went from being a joke during the last round of releases to suddenly debuting and being mint. He's like Keith Lee if Keith Lee wasn't on his arse. Hopefully he can go in a match.

They also managed to heat Bronson Reed right up which is a minor miracle. Fat lads rise up.

If Priest had held the other world title then I might've thought it was a case of the belt elevating him - but that one's only been around for, what, 15 months? 

Maybe he was actually decent on his own merits after all. 

1 hour ago, Fog Dude said:

If Priest had held the other world title then I might've thought it was a case of the belt elevating him - but that one's only been around for, what, 15 months? 

Maybe he was actually decent on his own merits after all. 

Decent yes. But the belt gave him the opportunity to elevate his game and a storyline to sink his teeth into with Finn. So it was a little bit of everything I think coming together and giving him the confidence to perform at a higher level. Some people just need to be given that ball to run with. Is he there as a top talent yet? No, but he's made really positive strides and they've got a lot more to build on now with him.

I was hoping for Gunther/Dragunov at Bash At Berlin but we'll get there. Guess Gunther/Orton does make sense.

The Bronson Reed attack on Rollins was brilliant. Pure Vader vibes. Guessing Rollins will be out for a few weeks before he comes back and finishes the year with this feud before he moves back onto Punk, and in the meantime let's get that Punk/Drew HIAC match please. Looks like they'll try and stretch Balor/Priest until Mania too somehow.  

Quite like what they're doing with the Wyatt Sicks so far. The supernatural stuff has a very short shelf life in pro wrestling in this day and age especially, so having them be creepy but actually just being their normal selves when they wrestle, which they hopefully will do with Nikki Cross and Bo Dallas too, is a good Idea I reckon. They're all decent wrestlers as well, which is another reason that with all due respect, a lot of the Bray stuff fell flat when the bell rang. 

I like that we don’t always get instant rematches all the time, it means we don’t get bogged down in boring predictable feuds as much. Priest will get back to Gunther at some point, they had great chemistry and did the big lads slapping meat better than most. Priest was so enraged with Balor he basically forfeited his belt, it makes perfect sense why he’d go straight after Balor. It’s not a reflection of the belt but of the betrayal. He also came out of a transitional title reign looking better than when he went in which is a minor miracle. 

The only gripe I had with Raw was when did Gunther become German?

He has always been billed as being from Vienna, Austria and its been mentioned on commentary quite a few times he is Austrian but then Orton came out and referred to him as "German" 

At first I thought it was more a slip of the tongue from Orton, but then he mentioned about beating him in his homecountry and it was obviously deliberate

Now of course he has a huge history in Germany that can't be denied and the intent is obvious to build him up as the home favourite, not too dissimilar to Drew at the inaugural Clash at the Castle in Wales but that at least had the UK/British element to it keeping it somewhat grounded in reality

This is 2 completly different countries entirely who happen to border each other slightly but even then Berlin is quite a way from that border and Vienna as well.

Just think they could have kept him as being Austrian and just explained his German history and gone with that as the hook rather than going all Kofi and changing his Nationality completely on a whim to fit the narrative

I mean maybe they will explain it like that going forward now the Inital story and match is set in motion who knows

I think if anything, Orton referring to his “German shoulder” was the error and the later reference was more accurate. For all intents and purposes Germany is his home, but you’re absolutely right - he’s not from there, and not even billed as such.