The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

Got a sweet gig Cody has.

This is the problem with the brand split, he's either facing the same guys i.e Judgement Day over and over again or strolling out and talking absolute bollocks.

I really can't see the crowd being as hot for Roman/Cody 2 as they were for the first one.

Cody/Seth seems a better idea for Mania to me with there backstory of feuding last year.

Ending the show with Nia Jax is just a massive fuck you to the audience. Surely no fucker can be glad she’s back? 

With Cody, I’d imagine this little holding period is just until he gets unveiled as the trade pick going to Smackdown from the Jey Uso deal.

Once on Smackdown, you only need to keep him occupied for a few months until they restart the Reigns feud by having him with the likes of AJ Styles, Lashley, Grayson Waller or even Cena (with him hanging around for the next several months).

In the meantime, in his rare appearances actually on the show, they’ll no doubt have Reigns stop dead the momentum of LA Knight.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, METAL ON METAL said:

With Cody, I’d imagine this little holding period is just until he gets unveiled as the trade pick going to Smackdown from the Jey Uso deal.

One of the biggest problems I have with the draft/brand split era is when they throw out the concept of "trade" because ultimately no fucker would be stupid enough to trade Cody away, so it never makes sense.

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Abandon ship, Kairi! Save yourself!

I see what you did there.

happy wwe nxt GIF by WWE

22 minutes ago, air_raid said:

One of the biggest problems I have with the draft/brand split era is when they throw out the concept of "trade" because ultimately no fucker would be stupid enough to trade Cody away, so it never makes sense.

I think the way they have pitched things now you can get away with that though. There isn’t a head of either show making those decisions to make it look stupid - Pearce has pitched it that the board have essentially traded someone and why wouldn’t the board want to go with Cody’s pitch of challenging Roman?

• 2 weeks later...

After he lost at Mania, I did read a few opinions that it was the right move because Cody needs to overcome more adversity before winning the title. I’m sure dipshit Road Dogg was one of the ones parroting this.

As if suffering through the Stardust years, making the decision to leave, become a fairly big deal on the indies, starting a successful company, having dog collar matches, setting himself on fire, introducing the world to the Codyverse, making the jump back to WWE, going through with a Hell In A Cell match with an arm the colour of an aubergine, having months off for the injury, winning the Rumble and having a mini match at said Rumble with Gunther wasn’t overcoming adversity enough, he then won a very physical feud over Brock. But that’s not enough adversity. Now he somehow (assuming the video above actually leads anywhere) has to drag shithouse Omos to a decent match. 

There may have been a rubber chicken involved somewhere as well.

Should have won at Mania. 

12 hours ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

After he lost at Mania, I did read a few opinions that it was the right move because Cody needs to overcome more adversity before winning the title. I’m sure dipshit Road Dogg was one of the ones parroting this.

As if suffering through the Stardust years, making the decision to leave, become a fairly big deal on the indies, starting a successful company, having dog collar matches, setting himself on fire, introducing the world to the Codyverse, making the jump back to WWE, going through with a Hell In A Cell match with an arm the colour of an aubergine, having months off for the injury, winning the Rumble and having a mini match at said Rumble with Gunther wasn’t overcoming adversity enough, he then won a very physical feud over Brock. But that’s not enough adversity. Now he somehow (assuming the video above actually leads anywhere) has to drag shithouse Omos to a decent match. 

There may have been a rubber chicken involved somewhere as well.

Should have won at Mania. 

Totally agree here now, I'd been on the fence for a while but when you look at Roman's bloodline storyline since Mania, none of it needed or really utilised the belt in any meaningful way. The Loan Paul match is possibly the only thing at an absolute stretch. Meanwhile the Cody/Brock feud could have used the belt well with Brock even winning it and losing back to Cody which would have been a big deal