Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, air_raid said:

For that you have only him to blame. If ever there was a match to tell Collette to leave them at home, this was it.

Yeah, I think that was a Foley call not WWE. Regardless, this wasn't Cody bringing his wife and baby (that in itself was stupid because of the babies age but I digress) to Mania for him to lose in front of. I just think it was really poor taste ESPECIALLY to cut right to them after.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 minute ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

 

Whether you cared for it or not, this is a great bit of work and I love that they're using that moment as the fuel to make him more serious. He deserves a chance to not just be a comic character. It's pretty exciting that he and Jey Uso are getting runs on Raw under their own steam... i'm interested to see where they go with it.

But again, this could have been done without his kids. That was a tiny portion of the promo. I agree with the rest of it, and a new direction is good for him. But it was unnecessary, yet predictable. 

Posted
39 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

What I don't understand with the Jey Uso storyline is that he quit WWE a few weeks ago, and had his profile moved to the alumni section.

Why are Smackdown getting someone in trade for him?!

 

34 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Maybe it's like if a boxer chooses to retire and their contract is put on ice, but should they decide to come back their pre-existing contract still stands. To stop people 'retiring' to get out of contracts they're not happy with.

So he quit, they respected that but when he came back they went 'well, fuck you we've got a contract' and a compromise was negotiated.

That's exactly how it works in US sports as well

If a player suddenly retires mid contract but then decides a year later to return, he has to either return to that team, negotiate a release or more commonly work out a trade with the team he is intending on coming back to if it isn't the same team.

So it is at least somewhat plausible that Smackdown would get something in return for Jey to move over to Raw.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Hey, if you think using your kids as an emotional vehicle for a TV show is A OK, thats cool

Wrestling's not real. I doubt they were selling the kids on it being a shoot. Rehearsed in advance, on the script and no different to using kids in any other fictional form of entertainment to that end. 

It's not something I'd be splitting the atom over. Leave that to Christian. 

Posted
1 minute ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yeah, we're kicking up a fuss about something on face value. Who's to say they weren't told beforehand that dad was going to lose? 

I hope they had Christian tell them, thinking about it.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I thought Chuck Taylor’s making kids cry gimmick was funny so don’t think Scorchio is gonna like my opinion on this.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 minute ago, FelatioLips said:

I thought Chuck Taylor’s making kids cry gimmick was funny so don’t think Scorchio is gonna like my opinion on this.

I dunno, I’m a big fan of The Gentleman. If it wasn’t his kids, play on!

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

To stop people 'retiring' to get out of contracts they're not happy with.

Interested Kevin Nash GIF

  • Paid Members
Posted
34 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yeah, we're kicking up a fuss about something on face value. Who's to say they weren't told beforehand that dad was going to lose? 

If they were told and still cried like that, get em to Hollywood 

Posted

Surely the likelihood here is Cody has been a bit fly and got himself traded to SmackDown with Jey Uso offered up as a replacement so he can go after Roman?

Posted

With Cody I'm guessing it's just their plan ends at Mania and they've not got enough to fill in that period of time and they've got a part time champ he's going after too. Which is annoying as they should be keeping him hot and building him up towards it. Not just having him flounder around aimlessly.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...