WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

When I was there we were encouraged to upsell them but I never had a problem doing it because they were actually really useful in a lot of circumstances (other than the disc/cartridge one but that was only £1). We never got encouraged to pressure people or give it to people who clearly didn't need it though but that was more down to us having excellent management and a brilliant team than the store itself.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Wideload90 said:

@FelatioLips"only £1" ... My hard earned pound shouldn't be added to the order without my permission. You're probably one of a minority who enjoyed working for such a shit company. Fair play for making the best of a bad situation 

Game is clearly run by Tory scum. 

If it was added without your permission then you got got, buddy. We always had to ask. Not to go into it too much, and the way it ended for our store showed me what kind of company it can be, but my time there was fantastic personally and I loved working there.

Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition

New and improved version of my favourite RPG ever. Sadly the developers didn't make a few of the tweaks the game really needed, like stopping awkward party members wandering off in the opposite direction if walking in single file down a narrow path/corridor. But the extra characters, quests and areas to explore make up for that.  Currently playing with totally different characters from normal resulting in an evil party and siding with the vampires instead of the shadow thieves, which I don't remember doing before in my numerous plays of the original version (although I'm sure I must have).

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Tamura said:

Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition

New and improved version of my favourite RPG ever. Sadly the developers didn't make a few of the tweaks the game really needed, like stopping awkward party members wandering off in the opposite direction if walking in single file down a narrow path/corridor. But the extra characters, quests and areas to explore make up for that.  Currently playing with totally different characters from normal resulting in an evil party and siding with the vampires instead of the shadow thieves, which I don't remember doing before in my numerous plays of the original version (although I'm sure I must have).

I used to love the old Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter Nights stuff. My early PC days were those, Soldier of Fortune II, Age of Empires II and Inca II: Wiracocha.

• Paid Members

After around 15 years of playing the free Windows version of N, I decided they'd probably earned a bit of my money so purchased N++ on PS4. There's over 4000 stages! This is going to keep me busy for a long time.

I got 8th on the global leaderboard on one of the very first episodes. Chuffed with that.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

I used to love the old Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter Nights stuff. My early PC days were those, Soldier of Fortune II, Age of Empires II and Inca II: Wiracocha.

My first online gaming experience was a Neverwinter Nights 'persistent world' called Sundren and every year since on my birthday I've got an email wishing me Happy Birthday despite not having logged into it in like 20 years.

• Paid Members

Finished Arkham Asylum on HARD last night, and it was equal parts frustrating and rewarding. The boss battles were the worst, just rock solid affairs that had my fingers numb at times. The Croc set piece was a slog, the fights where you're dealing with the Bane-A-Likes and multiple henchmen sucked, but the WORST was the Poison Ivy boss fight. I ended up just hammering the counter and Batarang buttons during that one, not bothering with anything else and just hoping that my health would last until the end.

Really glad I went through with it all and suffered until the very end though, as each obstacle was immensely rewarding to finish. It's still one of the best games of all time and maybe I'll go back to it in a decade to finish all the challenge maps.

4 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Finished Arkham Asylum on HARD last night, and it was equal parts frustrating and rewarding. The boss battles were the worst, just rock solid affairs that had my fingers numb at times. The Croc set piece was a slog, the fights where you're dealing with the Bane-A-Likes and multiple henchmen sucked, but the WORST was the Poison Ivy boss fight. I ended up just hammering the counter and Batarang buttons during that one, not bothering with anything else and just hoping that my health would last until the end.

Really glad I went through with it all and suffered until the very end though, as each obstacle was immensely rewarding to finish. It's still one of the best games of all time and maybe I'll go back to it in a decade to finish all the challenge maps.

I remember starting that a year or so ago on the hardest mode and kept dying in the lift fight so I lost interest, may go back but don't know if I have the morale for it haha 

Canis Canem Edit or bully 

this has been a lovely trip down memory lane from one of my fav PS2 titles on the PS4, enjoyable and cheesy helps take the stress away after work.

Does Xbox have any decent games coming out this year now that Starfield has been delayed? I feel like I haven't anticipated a games' release much at all since RDR2 (I was hyped for Cyberpunk, but that hype dissipated fairly quickly once it came out).

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Vegeta said:

I remember starting that a year or so ago on the hardest mode and kept dying in the lift fight so I lost interest, may go back but don't know if I have the morale for it haha 

Ah man, that one was a ballache! Took a couple of hours and a lot of swearing. You have to completely ignore the henchmen once the big Bane dudes enter the fray. Just concentrate on dodging and evading the smaller bad guys, whilst hammering the Batarangs at the Bane dudes as they'll trample over the regular fuckers with a little luck. Do this until the big bastards are groggy so you can apply the sleeper hold then rinse and repeat. Same works for the semi-final boss where you have TWO Big Bad Bane Dudes to contend with.

Be sure to go out of your way to grab the Riddler gimmicks as this will help with the essential health and combat upgrades.

I've heard that Arkham City on hard is a little different as you'll have the counter-alert mechanic but the enemies take a lot more punishment to defeat. I'll find out over the weekend I guess!

35 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

Does Xbox have any decent games coming out this year now that Starfield has been delayed? I feel like I haven't anticipated a games' release much at all since RDR2 (I was hyped for Cyberpunk, but that hype dissipated fairly quickly once it came out).

There doesn't seem to be much at all on that huge Triple A like level, I'd keep an eye on Stalker 2 as I love the originals but that's likely going to be a bit of Eurojank.

14 hours ago, 69MeDon said:

I'm crossing my fingers and praying the Saints Row reboot is good. That comes out August. 

Sniper Elite 5 comes out this month on the 26th, and is on Game Pass. The last few entries in that series I've played have been fantastic.

Looking through rest of the list. Top Gun Maverick dlc for Flight Sim could be a laugh.  The rest is slim pickings again.

On 5/11/2022 at 3:47 PM, Merzbow said:

It's in the old Primark building IIRC, since that moved to where the Pavillions used to be.

Having spent the last 2 months going back and forth to the store, I can confirm that this is correct. 

The Game esports is used for gaming tournaments too. No idea how well they do or how often they're used. No one was using it on opening day, and staff were approaching anyone who entered the area to push it to them.