Lockdown Confessional

Frankie Crisp

1 hour ago, Joe Blog said:

My brother in law bought my daughter a 6 foot teddy bear for christmas because he is a twat. 

Surely I'm not the only one who double checked to see if this was the start of one of Branquey's posts.

I've been contemplating learning to skateboard, inspired by watching a shit load of Youtube videos when I'm supposed to be working and the announcement of the Tony Hawk games being remastered. I could do it a bit when I was a teenager but nothing further than pushing off and rolling a bit, I don't even think I could turn the thing back then. My brother (who was quite good in his day) has caught wind of this and his egging me on to learn, along with offering to give me a full setup.

I'm 35, a married dad of three and a touch over 19 stone. I'd look like Poochie off the Simpsons.

Edited by cobra_gordo

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

I don't think the people doing big ol' brags in here actually understand the thread. Or do but are just eager to have a brag. But no one cares.

I ate 3/4 of a tube of Pringles for breakfast.

Not sure if that's a brag or a shameful confession. Bit of both probably.

1 hour ago, cobra_gordo said:

I'm 35, a married dad of three and a touch over 19 stone. I'd look like Poochie off the Simpsons.

Fucking go for it. I am 40 this year and I took it up a few years ago. It is fairly good exercise, I end up sweating like a paedo in a playground after a session. If you need any tips or anything, there's a thread about it here. 

2 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

I ate 3/4 of a tube of Pringles for breakfast.

Not sure if that's a brag or a shameful confession. Bit of both probably.

That's fine. I've started having a handful of sweets (whatevers in the cupboard, usually skittles or midget gems in the morning, whilst I'm waiting for the coffee to brew. Fuck it. Live laugh love, I say.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

I can't really offer you any advice on non-technical strand exams as I've only ever taken ones from the tech pyramid of dreams.  A general tip for IT computer testing is be mindful of your time, but use your time.  There's not normally any extra points for racing through at record speed.

I always like to do a (legit) practice test in the build-up to get used to working the clock again and to highlight any areas to brush up on.

Yes, we will be buying a practice test prior to the exam itself. Glad I am not alone in this though. Thank you for your tips. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, cobra_gordo said:

I've been contemplating learning to skateboard, inspired by watching a shit load of Youtube videos when I'm supposed to be working and the announcement of the Tony Hawk games being remastered. I could do it a bit when I was a teenager but nothing further than pushing off and rolling a bit, I don't even think I could turn the thing back then. My brother (who was quite good in his day) has caught wind of this and his egging me on to learn, along with offering to give me a full setup.

Do it. 

This pandemic has seemingly got people reaching towards childhood nostalgia. Sorry to bang my drum again but it's been crazy to see the amount of people taking up inline skating again. UK and worldwide shops have been inundated with orders and you can barely find skates at all at the moment due to how quick they're selling. The very tiny r/rollerblading has gotten about 4k new subs over the last month or so. 

Screenshot_20200518-124228_Reddit.jpg.459632d35ba24865da9f6f1ad2471c64.jpg

OK. as you were. 

Edit - spent 65 quid on flapjacks and now I'm sick to death of them. I have about 20 left. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

Depends on what flavour 

Japanese BBQ Teriyaki. Classy.

2 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

I've always wished I could skateboard. I think it was that opening scene from Police Academy 4 that made it like the coolest thing, probably more so than in Back to the Future.

I did get a cheap skateboard for the following Christmas, but I never got beyond something I claimed was an Ollie, but it was the angle that other people were looking at me from that made it look like I never left the ground.

I then ended up in hospital with a spinal abscess, had to take it easy for six weeks (three of which I had to stay off school for!), and never got back into the spasmodic shuffling that I'd tried to pass off as me being rad.

Edited by Nostalgia Nonce

54 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Oh you had surgery have you? I don’t think you’ve ever fucking mentioned it on here before. 

Ark at Ee!

I'm sorry that my post aggravated, I am proud of coming through life changing and major surgery, just as this was all kicking off and managed to recover whilst my immune system was shot to absolute shit and not get Covid. Given the amount of times I've had the paramedics out or been to A&E. Going through Kidney Stones, again and the rest, I'm going to celebrate actually being able to function like a normal human being once more and not die as a result of surgery, the complications or this fucking thing.

Hope that the rest of the day is better for you