Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

18 minutes ago, Max Power said:

18k tests done today. A week after we were guaranteed 25k tests a day. And about a week before we're guaranteed 100k tests a day.

What a wonderful government we have.

Hancock is under fire because of his 100k target. It was apparently plucked out of the air. Of course, he made the claim about 3 weeks after Johnson promised 250k. He is getting thrown under the bus first I reckon. Anything to detract from Johnson’s failings. 

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Hancock is under fire because of his 100k target. It was apparently plucked out of the air. Of course, he made the claim about 3 weeks after Johnson promised 250k. He is getting thrown under the bus first I reckon. Anything to detract from Johnson’s failings. 

Hopefully it's a big bus so they all end up under it.

• Paid Members

Who's this Sir Simon MCDonald that appears to be on his way to the unemployment line after he pretty much shot holes in all the government's excuses for not accepting offers from the EU when this all started? Ipresume he's close to a golden handshake retirement given all the fucks he's stopped giving about who he upsets.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-52363531

• Paid Members

Working from home, does anyone else feel that their productivity levels are way down since the lockdown came in? 

Having been used to working from home more often than not pre-lockdown, I didn't expect it to be that different but am really feeling it now!

I used to go to the office for a day, maybe two a week, which is when I'd dedicate to trawling through long documents and agendas or making lots of calls etc. 

But now I don't have that luxury and an environment of people working around me and people to bounce ideas off, even once a week, I must say that its a struggle to concentrate sometimes without getting distracted way too easily (hence being on here right now!).

• Paid Members

For the first few weeks I was super productive. I've been furloughed so it gave me a good chance to start gardening and sorting our new house out and play some games I never had time for, but it's like the summer holidays when I was in school, you get 2 or 3 weeks in and you just get bored. As time goes on, I'm falling into bad habits, getting grumpy for no reason and I haven't been digging in the garden for over a week now. 

There has been positives, mind. We saw the SpaceX satellite over our house the last couple nights, and last night we got up at 2am to go watch the Meteor Shower from our back garden and thankfully saw one!
We've started growing our own veg, with the lettuce and spinach sprouting through now, and we've been playing all the Resident Evil games for the first time. As you know we watched the Star Wars films back to back, and my wife has been baking loads the days she's not at work.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Working from home, does anyone else feel that their productivity levels are way down since the lockdown came in? 

I'm the opposite, I'm more productive and getting loads more done without being stuck in an open plan office.

My health is loads better too. I've never been doing better if I'm honest.

21 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Having been used to working from home more often than not pre-lockdown, I didn't expect it to be that different but am really feeling it now!

I used to go to the office for a day, maybe two a week, which is when I'd dedicate to trawling through long documents and agendas or making lots of calls etc. 

But now I don't have that luxury and an environment of people working around me and people to bounce ideas off, even once a week, I must say that its a struggle to concentrate sometimes without getting distracted way too easily (hence being on here right now!).

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I'm the opposite, I'm more productive and getting loads more done without being stuck in an open plan office.

My health is loads better too. I've never been doing better if I'm honest.

I'm the same on both fronts. My productivity is very high at the moment, but I guess it depends on your self-motivation. I'm probably not taking enough breaks away from my screen if anything. Apart from the occasional poo (like now) and a lunch break, I will be sat at our desk from 9 until 5:30 constantly. Need to get up more, as I would in the office. 

I'm going for a morning jog, after a recommendation on here from some (including @Loki) this it is a good way to start the day and separate home and work life in a way. That helps and I'm playing lots of football in the evenings and weekends in the garden with my son and weekend bike rides with my daughter. 

However, being at home a lot means I'm also eating more. I'm making more effort with dinners and lunches, having more time on my hands, but definitely snacking more- just because food is there.