Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I’m sure it’d take more planning that the 30s it took me to write that post, but I doubt it’s impossible.  

There are plenty of countries where you are required to be vaccinated before entry for example.

 

Posted (edited)

Regarding the oil prices, a friend who is in the know about that sort of stuff went into depth about it all being inevitable at the beginning of the outbreak. He's usually spot on with this sort of stuff. The one thing I remember from the conversation was that there is apparently strong belief that oil/fuel/storage is a huge breeding ground for the virus, but obviously that information is not likely to be made public anytime soon.

Edited by Undefeated Steak
Posted
32 minutes ago, David said:

If you think his support team consists of a dietician, I don't know what to tell you. He's got an entire team of sports scientists.

Mate unless he’s got a team of immunologists in there who for some reason have access to data that all of the other immunologists don’t have his reasons are arse water.

  • Paid Members
Posted
34 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

That storage is now being used a billion times more than it was prior to the virus starting so they'll be nice and full to the brim when the tinfoliers set them on fire after they've raised the nation's mobile telecoms infrastructure to the ground.

They'll have to start having mass protests demanding the lockdown be ended outside Sadiq Khan's house as well at some point.

Posted

I can understand when people say they are against mandatory vaccinations. But you can be opposed to mandatory vaccinations and still have every vaccination on offer. Is that where Djokovic is coming from?  I agree with David and would like to hear his reason. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I can understand when people say they are against mandatory vaccinations. But you can be opposed to mandatory vaccinations and still have every vaccination on offer. Is that where Djokovic is coming from?  I agree with David and would like to hear his reason. 

Yeah, I'm not against vaccines. It takes a certain kind of mentalist to argue against vaccines, and I'm interested in knowing if someone who works with a whole bunch of highly paid sports scientists and who has essentially carved an entire $200 million career out of fitness, health, and taking care of himself is one of those people.

It would be like Ronaldo arguing against vaccines. I'd be curious to know exactly why someone like that would be against something that has the medical and scientific evidence to back it up. 

I can understand some dude in fucksville Oklahoma who spends his days drinking Bud Lite and "working" on his car being against "them mutherfucking science folks" but the idea of a top athlete like Djokovic? Insane.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I'm thinking of switching it up a bit to come here every so often

Good idea, when can you start. 

  • Moderators
Posted
13 minutes ago, David said:

I can understand some dude in fucksville Oklahoma who spends his days drinking Bud Lite and "working" on his car being against "them mutherfucking science folks" but the idea of a top athlete like Djokovic? Insane.

I've not heard this stereotype of yours before of athletes being known for their intelligence.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I've not heard this stereotype of yours before of athletes being known for their intelligence.

Yeah, if this were Craig Bellamy or Andy Carroll I would probably be quick to think “what a fucking moron, lol.”

But if you watch tennis and follow the sport to any real degree any you’ll know that Djokovic isn’t a moron. He speaks five languages, he’s won humanitarian awards, he’s a UNICEF ambassador, he’s well known for his business investments. 

As I mentioned, I watched a documentary on him a few years back that highlighted how seriously he takes fitness, health, and looking after himself. He works with a whole team of sports scientists and fitness experts.

He’s not your stereotypical anti vaxxer, which is why I’m surprised that he’s expressed this opinion, and why I’m interested in hearing how he’s come to this viewpoint.

I don’t understand why folk are taking issue with this? When we find out that people who are otherwise intelligent have stupid as fuck viewpoints it takes you by surprise.

I’m interested in knowing why he’s got this opinion. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Anyone caught this story? Apparently a load of fake nurse NHS accounts created on hootsuite from the same Conservative team that did the fact checking Twitter pre election 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...