Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted April 22, 2020 Paid Members Posted April 22, 2020 Get on your couches like proper home workers ffs. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 22, 2020 Members Posted April 22, 2020 2 hours ago, PunkStep said: I'll definitely miss London Utter freak. Quote
Moderators Astro Hollywood Posted April 22, 2020 Moderators Posted April 22, 2020 (edited) Mentally, I'm fine. I'm built for isolation. But I'd usually be making money walking or sitting dogs this time of year, so the Patreon's suddenly become my only source of income. The lockdown gives me time to hammer out content, so I'm pretty much writing or editing from waking up until going to bed, which is my normal routine, except I usually take a day or two off most weeks, to help at a friend's non-profit; anything from knocking down walls with a sledgehammer while renovating the building to shooting videos for their social media. Now I don't have that break, I feel like I'm one giant DVT blood clot wrapped in skin and my spine's made from Pringles. Edited April 22, 2020 by Astro Hollywood Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted April 22, 2020 Paid Members Posted April 22, 2020 I'm in the bay window in the bedroom. Had to nick my daughter's desk. I'm being pretty productive because I'm able to work on stuff uninterrupted for the most part which is absolute heaven. I've also set up a little editing station next to me with my VHS player, DVD recorded and a small telly we had in the loft so I'm a load of the tapes and SKY recordings I've had stacked up so I can bin the tapes when this is all done. Quote
Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted April 22, 2020 Paid Members Posted April 22, 2020 Well. My works parent company have massively dropped the ball on us working with the NHS. I'm proper gutted about it. Instead they have furloughed us. If they'd have said earlier I could have found it easier to volunteer. Time to try now. Quote
Moderators Astro Hollywood Posted April 22, 2020 Moderators Posted April 22, 2020 1 minute ago, SuperBacon said: 10 friends, lolz. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted April 22, 2020 Paid Members Posted April 22, 2020 (edited) 1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said: Get on your couches like proper home workers ffs. I bought one of those egg sitter cushions if that counts? 28 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: 10 friends, lolz. Funnily enough, my nickname is 11.... I mean, it was a nickname I gave myself obviously Edited April 22, 2020 by Hannibal Scorch Quote
MVP RULZ Posted April 22, 2020 Posted April 22, 2020 What to do if you're the popular kid who finds himself in 2 different friends list of 10 Will have to weigh up the rest of the squad and see who has the better Covid-19 limeup Quote
thicko Posted April 22, 2020 Posted April 22, 2020 As a different slant on things re work. I’m a Pub Manager I’m very lucky in that I’m financially stable, have a roof over my head and, for now, I’m being topped up to full pay. So basically I’m on full salary to sit in a free flat, build Lego and watch television. But.... York is deserted. I have no real outside area. I do pop out once a day for a quick walk but I feel like I shouldn’t be out. I feel guilty as I’m being paid for nothing (I work for a one man band with two pubs, not a major chain) I’m single. I live 50 miles away from my daughters, who are both still working, in fact, almost everyone I know are still working. I’ve literally spoke directly to 5 people in the last 4 weeks (thank heavens for social media and FaceTime!) My point is, the issues are different for everyone. I’m not worried about finances, my home, in the short term at least, is safe. But the days are so bloody long (and I have no self motivation which is on me) I’m forcing myself to stay in bed in a morning just to shorten the day! Quote
Mr_Danger Posted April 22, 2020 Posted April 22, 2020 I'm as upset about Liverpool's impending buggering out of the league title as anybody but that Tom Moore charity song is the cringiest thing ever. Quote
Moderators PowerButchi Posted April 22, 2020 Moderators Posted April 22, 2020 (edited) 22 minutes ago, thicko said: As a different slant on things re work. I’m a Pub Manager I’m very lucky in that I’m financially stable, have a roof over my head and, for now, I’m being topped up to full pay. So basically I’m on full salary to sit in a free flat, build Lego and watch television. Is that salaried management or are you on a retail agreement? I'm on salary for a standalone freehold but been furloughed but Ive been asked to live in for security which is fine by me as I haven't got BT sports at home. The pub across is on a retail agreement and took over the Friday the pub shotdown came in (poor bugger) and I'm wondering how the likes of Enterprise and the like are looking after people on retail agreements with the free rent but getting 20% or so with which you've got to pay staff. Knowing most PubCos, probably not. Edited April 22, 2020 by PowerButchi Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted April 22, 2020 Moderators Posted April 22, 2020 I'm lucky enough to have a job where I can work from home. As a contractor I don't have the job security that a permanent employee has, so I am really even more lucky they haven't just got rid of me. But all that said, I am finding it really difficult at home to motivate myself to work. I should be busting a gut to prove my worth and keep my job, as there's no chance I'd get another one in this economic climate but I'm finding it tough to do anything more than the bare minimum. I need to do something to get myself to snap out of it.. Quote
Loki Posted April 22, 2020 Author Posted April 22, 2020 There's a job going in Finland in my wheelhouse which I got sent details of today. Who the fuck is hiring during a pandemic? Especially a company that regularly hires from overseas like this one. It's just odd. I've worked over in Helsinki and it's pretty cool, but there's no way I'd consider trying to move to another country during all of this. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted April 22, 2020 Paid Members Posted April 22, 2020 3 minutes ago, Loki said: Who the fuck is hiring during a pandemic? Supermarkets! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.