Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

Michael Gove was asked about this report and said it was ‘slightly off’. That’s not a defence at all.

I guess we’re stuck with these clowns for now, who I assume are trying to do the best even though the horse has bolted. Not that I vote Tory, but in my little world I assumed the my were doing the best they could. 

Hannibal sorry to hear that 

Edited by Rapey Eyes
Messed up

• Paid Members

Gove is clearly sharpening his knife. It's clear he's Murdoch's chosen one. 

The thing is, Boris Johnson wasn't exactly an outlier in the Tory party on this. Either Gove was accepting of this, at which point he's as much to blame as Johnson, or he disagreed, but kept it quiet, allowing more people to die, biding his time before making a wet lunge for power.

Bear in mind the circulation numbers of The Express et al are tanking during this lockdown, as they rely on White Van Men to pick up their copy in the mornings.  So the knives are out for the whole enterprise.

• Paid Members

They all need the clicks, so are trying something called journalism in order to drive traffic to their websites.

Sorry to hear about the situation with your dad, Hannibal. Hopefully this last  option works..

4 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

So Novak Djokovic has outed himself as an anti vaxxer. He said that if the tennis governing bodies made COVID vaccines mandatory for competitors then he would have to make a very tough decision about his career. 

Novax Djokovic. It was there all along.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

So Novak Djokovic has outed himself as an anti vaxxer. He said that if the tennis governing bodies made COVID vaccines mandatory for competitors then he would have to make a very tough decision about his career. 

Always knew he was a cunt.

2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

That's his prerogative. He's no fool, so he'll have his reasons, and I imagine they'll go beyond the usual "I don't trust the government!" line that we usually hear.

He's worth over $200 million anyway, so I doubt he'll be hurting for money if he does decide to call it a day and live vaccine-free.

31 minutes ago, David said:

That's his prerogative. He's no fool, so he'll have his reasons, and I imagine they'll go beyond the usual "I don't trust the government!" line that we usually hear.

He's worth over $200 million anyway, so I doubt he'll be hurting for money if he does decide to call it a day and live vaccine-free.

That’s probably the reason though 

56 minutes ago, David said:

Yes I'm sure they'll be eminently sensible and informed by the latest scientific thinking.