WWE on Channel 5

mim731

22 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yes, everything WWE does is because of AEW.

You’re taking the piss, but don’t underestimate how petty Vince is. The Rock vs Mankind Halftime Heat empty arena match was a direct shot at AEW’s ticket sales since Tony Khan stopped buying them all.

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

You’re taking the piss, but don’t underestimate how petty Vince is. The Rock vs Mankind Halftime Heat empty arena match was a direct shot at AEW’s ticket sales since Tony Khan stopped buying them all.

I thought it was in retaliation to Tony Khan asking the Iron Sheikh to break Hogans leg

• Paid Members

If the WWE are copying AEW then they truly are the masters of flattery, because I'd say that their slot on Channel 5 is ten times better than late night ITV4. 

Cue dads across the country stumbling across Raw on Channel 5 and asking their kids, "Are the Bushwhackers still on then?"

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

There was talk of AEW having a morning repeat. Not sure what happened to that. Not that it matters. WWE, AEW, NXT:UK and Impact all on terrestrial telly in some form and some still can't let go of their little pissing contest.

The Sunday 8 AM slot was the first announced, before they changed it to Friday nights

4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

There was talk of AEW having a morning repeat. Not sure what happened to that. Not that it matters. WWE, AEW, NXT:UK and Impact all on terrestrial telly in some form and some still can't let go of their little pissing contest.

MLW as well. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Cue dads across the country stumbling across Raw on Channel 5 and asking their kids, "Are the Bushwhackers still on then?"

It'll be more like "Is the Big Show still on then?", And the son will say "yes".

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

It'll be more like "Is the Big Show still on then?", And the son will say "yes".

Nothing cheers me up more than to see wrestlers I watched in my teens actually still on TV. Let him wrestle forever and turn another hundred times.

Edited by garynysmon

I'm delighted with this. No way I was paying for BT Sport and the fact it is one hour easy to fit in episodes of Raw and Smackdown is ideal. 

Perfect for getting a wider kids audience involved at a decent time, on one of the main channels on everyone's tv planner so a massive win for them in terms of exposure.

1 hour ago, Doog said:

So is SmackDown only being shown on a 1 day delay and RAW a 6 day delay then? Bit weird if it is, SmackDown will be shown earlier than RAW even though RAW is on first, if not then Smackdown will be on an 8 day delay

They’re separate shows with different rosters, doesn’t matter really does it? 

It's far more likely that Smackdown will be the previous week's episode rather than showing them out of order. It's a cut down 1hr version so I doubt WWE or C5 will be busting a gut to produce that in the 8 hours between original transmission and the C5 timeslot.