WWE on Channel 5

mim731

56 minutes ago, Cutting Edge of Bluntness said:

Recorded this earlier, pretty much the same as the hour edit Sky One had. Horrible editing of Orton's attack on Edge though.

Yeah it just made no sense. Other than that though I really enjoyed a short easy to digest version of Raw on free to air TV.

1 hour ago, Undefeated Steak said:

Anybody know if the Smackdown highlights will be shown on the C5 on-demand? I can find Raw on there but no sign of SD. 

Smackdown isn't shown until Saturday, this was the first airing of WWE on CH5 so I assume Smackdown will be available once its aired Saturday

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Worthits said:

Great move for the 'E. Getting some new fans in will be quality.

You have to give it to them. Can peddle out any old shit really but, looking at this and the megabucks Saudi and Fox deals, seemingly always land on their feet and come out smelling of roses.

Edited by garynysmon

I just watched the Smackdown highlight show. Yikes.... I haven't watched a WWE show for years, only catching YouTube bits occasionally. What has happened to WWE? I know that this has been a trend across wrestling for a few years now, but the punch/kick fests are wank. The chilli con ca.. I mean, dog food stipulation was lame. The footage seemed to be sped up sometimes- I guess this is to keep to the hour time limit. I watched Impact last night, and actually think I preferred that (the echoey Mexican arena was rubbish, though). I'll try and catch the Raw show tomorrow, hoping it will be better! 

• Paid Members

I caught the last half. Everyone was either in black or street clothes. Loads of the roster I saw appeared to be miscast. Bayley is a heel? She's shit at it. Elias is a face? He's shit at it. That said, it's still exciting to see wrestling on terrestrial TV.  

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Syl said:

I just watched the Smackdown highlight show. Yikes.... I haven't watched a WWE show for years, only catching YouTube bits occasionally. What has happened to WWE? I know that this has been a trend across wrestling for a few years now, but the punch/kick fests are wank. The chilli con ca.. I mean, dog food stipulation was lame. The footage seemed to be sped up sometimes- I guess this is to keep to the hour time limit. I watched Impact last night, and actually think I preferred that (the echoey Mexican arena was rubbish, though). I'll try and catch the Raw show tomorrow, hoping it will be better! 

I gave it a go as there was nothing else on, making it the first WWE show I'd watched since Wrestlemania 2018.

I'm finding it hard to articulate how it felt coming in fresh and not knowing many of the wrestlers, but the product just came across as incredibly 'fake' (as silly a term that may be to describe a wrestling show.)

The promos seemed to involve a lot of standing around and some downright terrible acting (even for wrestling standards), with the opening segment taking an age for all the players to be given their own entrances  and the angles were pretty childish too (yup the dog food). 

I know its a highlight show and its probably unfair to judge anything on an hour's highlight show (which is probably catered towards kids), but definately came out of it with a a feeling of "who the fuck watches this shit?" in all honesty.

Edited by garynysmon