WWE on Channel 5

mim731

3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

It will when they start moving people around as they tend to do, and what about Red Shirts v Blues Shirts at Survivor Series?

755454.jpg?b64lines=RElEIFlPVSBUSElOSyBP

Statto solved the Survivor Series. Every match just needs to be for extra raffle tickets for the Royal Rumble, so they don’t need to do any storylines or invasions or anything this year. So Raw and SmackDown shouldn’t need to be watched in a specific order.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Whatever team Vince has assembled to secure all these TV deals, they have been doing some incredible work for him over the last couple of years.

This, again, is just really smart business. Doubt it will have the same impact as that Channel 4 deal for a number of obvious reasons but it certainly won't hurt. Hopefully it creates a large group of kids that get right into it.

Personally, it's a pity all this WWE content is so easily accessible as my interest in their content is the lowest it's maybe ever been. 10 years ago I'd be so excited by this announcement.

• Paid Members
On 1/23/2020 at 12:17 PM, ColinBollocks said:

Personally, it's a pity all this WWE content is so easily accessible as my interest in their content is the lowest it's maybe ever been. 10 years ago I'd be so excited by this announcement.

Seconded.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Ten years ago?! We had torrents and streams of everything then anyway, and still moaned about every second of every show. It’s nearly twenty years since we watched it for enjoyment.

Definitely no coincidence that's alongside the creation of the UKFF.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Ten years ago?! We had torrents and streams of everything then anyway, and still moaned about every second of every show. It’s nearly twenty years since we watched it for enjoyment.

Glib or not, that's not necessarily true (or my point). I'm just not all that arsed with the show. If I was (like 10 years ago), I'd probably watch the Channel 5 shows and then have a good old moan about the continued misuse of Ezekiel Jackson.

• Paid Members
On 1/23/2020 at 10:30 AM, FUM said:

SmackDown is definitely the previous weeks episode, that has been confirmed hence why coverage starts with a RAW on the Sunday 2nd.

So we get the Mania go home Raw onSunday morning, then Mania Sunday night/Monday morning, then the Mania go home Smackdown the Saturday after Mania? Wouldit not have made more sense for Raw on Saturday morning and Smackdown on Sunday? Talk about a 90s throwback.

32 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Edited highlights on TV on Saturdays and Sundays mornings? That's how everyone ever got into wrestling. And for the first time, everyone can see it, not just those Sky subscribers. This is incredible news that nobody seems to be going over the top about, but could be massive for the future fanbase.

Only if they've thrown the boat out and got Todd Pettengill involved.

16 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

So we get the Mania go home Raw onSunday morning, then Mania Sunday night/Monday morning, then the Mania go home Smackdown the Saturday after Mania? Wouldit not have made more sense for Raw on Saturday morning and Smackdown on Sunday? Talk about a 90s throwback.

I imagine BT wouldn't want to give the rights to show Smackdown 2 days later on highlights considering they are still running their own repeats at that time and want people to watch live. 8 days doesn't eat into the viewership of their live showings as those people would likely never have watched without the option of Channel 5 - people only having to wait 2 days could.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Definitely no coincidence that's alongside the creation of the UKFF.

Heh. Maybe not but it's probably more just the ease of access to the internet and the proliferation of opinions of influential whiners, sorry, writers. I didn't join here til 2003 but I was already a knobhead.

3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

WWE might be clever and put on a WrestleMania preview show on Mania morning to try and entice viewers to purchase the show/sign up to the WWE network. If ratings are good they might be able to do the odd special like that anyway.