2020 Celebrity Death Thread

seph

Gen's passing is a tough one to talk about after reading Cosey's book, they meant so much to me during the formative years of me finding art outside of the metal/punk scenes but the physical, psychological and emotional abuse allegations from the book on top of lots of other claims over the years just left a real sour taste in my mouth.

• Paid Members

Roy Hudd RIP. 

I absolutely love Roy Hudd. From his writing to his incredible knowledge of music hall and variety. A true comedy giant, and one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/entertainment-arts-51906543

• Paid Members
On 3/15/2020 at 11:24 AM, Merzbow said:

Gen's passing is a tough one to talk about after reading Cosey's book, they meant so much to me during the formative years of me finding art outside of the metal/punk scenes but the physical, psychological and emotional abuse allegations from the book on top of lots of other claims over the years just left a real sour taste in my mouth.

yeah, it's difficult to really look at Genesis with much sympathy, when it's pretty clear they were a bit of a monster, all told. 

As much as Throbbing Gristle were a bit of a gateway drug for me to all kinds of other interesting music, and I'm gutted I never saw them live - was due to, but the show was cancelled after Sleazy Christopherson passed away - I think any affection I have for them has been solidly directed toward Cosey more than Genesis for some years now. 

• Paid Members

I wondered why my friend in Facebook had shared Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) on Facebook this morning. Did some great songs. Sad loss. 

10 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

I anticipate many headlines referring to his death as "breaking even."

He knew when to hold them, when to fold them etc