All Things Horror Thread

TheSurgeon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Watched the In Search of Darkness: Part III documentary the other day. Just as relaxing a watch as ever, not so much Chris Jericho on this one as well, which is a huge bonus. They#ve got another one out soon, and another sci-fi one as well.

• Paid Members

Happened across a movie on Netflix called Eli tonight.  It’s about a boy with an immunity problem who goes for some revolutionary treatment.  Won’t say any more, but really enjoyed it.

On 10/18/2023 at 6:46 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Watched the In Search of Darkness: Part III documentary the other day. Just as relaxing a watch as ever, not so much Chris Jericho on this one as well, which is a huge bonus. They#ve got another one out soon, and another sci-fi one as well.

There can't be another one I thought. Pretty sure it was Part 3 that covered a lot of the non-English language 80s horrors. Partly right, as they're dipping into the '90s now. Covering just 90-94. It's going to run and run. Happily here for it.

I'm fucking really excited for the in search of darkness 1990-1994 part one documentary that is set to drop end of this month early next I believe and I'm alot more familiar with horror from that era than the eighties bar the super obvious huge one's however they are FUCKING great watches and really insightful and interesting if your a fan of the genre 

• Paid Members

Tried the latest Mike Flanagan horror show...as rubbish as all the others. And why he colour grades everything like that has never made sense to me - makes everything look like a grey/brown smudge of shite.

And don't any of you try to tell me Doctor Sleep is good. No, it absolutely is not. Shame on you.

However When Evil Lurks is hitting Shudder on the 27th which I'm looking forward to. All the reviews are really strong.

• Paid Members

I finally watched She Will after having it on my to-watch list for about 18 months. Wish I hadn't bothered. I'm so bored of these horror films where fuck all happens. 

If you're going to have a horror film where nothing happens, at least make the characters strong so that I might feel the slightest bit of emotional involvement. This current trend of horror films playing its cards close to its chest and keeping the viewer at a distance is so frustrating. It doesn't make the film any creepier or scary, it just makes it boring and vague. 

It's crap.

The Menu is a laugh. Not as batshit-mental as I'd heard but it's fun. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I finally watched She Will after having it on my to-watch list for about 18 months. Wish I hadn't bothered. I'm so bored of these horror films where fuck all happens. 

If you're going to have a horror film where nothing happens, at least make the characters strong so that I might feel the slightest bit of emotional involvement. This current trend of horror films playing its cards close to its chest and keeping the viewer at a distance is so frustrating. It doesn't make the film any creepier or scary, it just makes it boring and vague. 

It's crap.

The Menu is a laugh. Not as batshit-mental as I'd heard but it's fun. 

Yeah, She Will was boring although worth it for Alice Krige's performance, she's always been underrated. The Menu was a great laugh, Nicholas Hoult's excellent in it. And Anya, obvs.