All Things Horror Thread

TheSurgeon

• Paid Members

I'm halfway through a double bill of evil dead 1 & 2.

It was hyped by a mate for years but every time I watch it I seem to be more and more ambivalent. I don't hate it, but I don't really enjoy it either.

On the plus's side I'm on pints 5 & 6 going into PT 2.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Interesting move. Not sure what they'll do with it being a prequel series.

Bryan Fuller being attached makes me more interested though.

It's because of the lawsuit. It's from the guys that don't have the rights to Jason and the mask. Might work. Who knows.

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I bothered. It was better than the fourth but still shite. 

Until you've sat through two seasons of the MTV Scream series that I'm pretty certain was made for 12-16 year old girls, you don't get to express regret!

Was this an innocent warning post? Or a genius bit of shithousery making sure that you're aware that it's actually a thing while you're torturing yourself compulsively watching all things Scream? Time will tell.

Nobody will think any less of you for being a quitter who could only make it less than half way through the complete Scream saga.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

I'm halfway through a double bill of evil dead 1 & 2.

It was hyped by a mate for years but every time I watch it I seem to be more and more ambivalent. I don't hate it, but I don't really enjoy it either.

On the plus's side I'm on pints 5 & 6 going into PT 2.

The second is more fun (although you need a few drinks or a bit of a high in you) but I stand by the first being the better film.

4 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Until you've sat through two seasons of the MTV Scream series that I'm pretty certain was made for 12-16 year old girls, you don't get to express regret!

….and the random scooby-doo style episode on the island….and the reboot of the tv series with candyman in it….

20 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Was this an innocent warning post? Or a genius bit of shithousery making sure that you're aware that it's actually a thing while you're torturing yourself compulsively watching all things Scream? Time will tell.

Nobody will think any less of you for being a quitter who could only make it less than half way through the complete Scream saga.

You’re an absolute bastard. 

• Paid Members
Just now, WyattSheepMask said:

Just got in from a showing of that myself. First chance I’ve ever had to see it in the cinema and it still looks great

I’ve been lucky enough to see ET, Poltergeist and The Thing in 40th Anniversary 4K (and 4K IMAX for ET), The Lost Boys and Jaws (4K restored 3D). It’s been a great year for remastered Cinema classics, which is good because other than Top Gun Maverick and Everything Everywhere All At Once  it’s not been a vintage year for new films.

2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I’ve been lucky enough to see ET, Poltergeist and The Thing in 40th Anniversary 4K (and 4K IMAX for ET), The Lost Boys and Jaws (4K restored 3D). It’s been a great year for remastered Cinema classics, which is good because other than Top Gun Maverick and Everything Everywhere All At Once  it’s not been a vintage year for new films.

Yeah a lot of those having been playing near me too but I’ve just not had the time to see any of them.

Going back to The Thing for a moment, might I recommend the 2017 BluRay that Arrow released. Uses the 4K scan that you saw tonight, packed with extras and a fun commentary from John Carpenter & Kurt Russell (who are drinking throughout). 
It’s currently £8.99 on Amazon

https://amzn.eu/d/5v4zO3s

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Yeah a lot of those having been playing near me too but I’ve just not had the time to see any of them.

Going back to The Thing for a moment, might I recommend the 2017 BluRay that Arrow released. Uses the 4K scan that you saw tonight, packed with extras and a fun commentary from John Carpenter & Kurt Russell (who are drinking throughout). 
It’s currently £8.99 on Amazon

https://amzn.eu/d/5v4zO3s

Still one of the best commentaries of all time. 2 mates drinking and chatting and Kurt pissing himself laughing at his own hat in the film. I remember a dvd magazine years ago doing a run down of the best and worst commentaries and this was held up as the gold standard against the infamous Arnie /Total Recall one.