General Erection 2019

Gus Mears

Who are you voting for?  

213 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Note of caution on the "massive queues, must be high turnout" theory is that it could just be working folk trying to get it done before work, rather than dick about in the dark on the way back.

That was my thinking, but there does seem to have been a surge in interest on this. 69% in 2017, so if it is anywhere near that then there is a chance for a hung Parliament. Seems a lot of seats are on a knife edge. This is going to be tense.

I do genuinely think Johnson wont do 5 years though. I cannot see him make it through a full term at all.

2 hours ago, JNLister said:

Note of caution on the "massive queues, must be high turnout" theory is that it could just be working folk trying to get it done before work, rather than dick about in the dark on the way back.

It was more my pointing out that there were quiet orderly queues. Not some panicking writhing mass of people. At least people are participating in democracy.

I still have a sinking feeling in my stomach, but I am a pessimist. Whilst I am not superstitious it seems apt tomorrow is Friday the 13th.

I still have a sinking feeling in my stomach, but I am a pessimist. Whilst I am not superstitious it seems apt tomorrow is Friday the 13t

I think its best not to be hopeful. The wait for the first exit poll is going to be awful. Still, must be nice for Kinnock to get his name mentioned every election since 1992.

Just put my X down for Labour in the Tory stronghold of Southend. The wife is abstaining claiming burnout, although from the sounds of it she supports the social policies offered toward the left but has bought into the anti-Corbyn media and the Lib Dems haven't had the headlines to get noticed. The best I'm hoping for is a left-heavy coalition to oust the Tories nationally, because I can't see anything changing locally.

• Paid Members

I did the “Policies not People” and got something like 40% Tory. The flipside to that is nearly every Tory policy put forward has so far been debunked as a lie so I voted Labour anyway.