Bischoff Sacked

Yakashi

54 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The, “Executive Producer,” of Smackdown getting fired and replaced the week that they lose a million viewers, I can’t see how this isn’t a case of Vince chucking him under the bus to placate Fox. The only surprise is it happened so quickly and Vince hasn’t realised its likely to continue dropping and he’ll run out of scapegoats. 

“Lads, don’t worry. I’m sacking myself. I’m a sacked man.”

“I can’t get the blame if I’m sacked!”

The next 83 Weeks could be interesting but I would imagine that there would be something in his severance to stop him from disclosing anything that has happened!

Since Prichard went back, I’ve been secretly anticipating the day we get a modern day WWE expose

Edited by Sym
Additional thought

3 hours ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

Fail to see how anyone can be fully judged in a new role in just over 4 months into the tenure. Guessing he has probably upset Vince somewhere down the line. Must admit though, I thought Heyman would be the first one to do that. 

Heyman's a prime agitator, but his creative pedigree extends a hell of a lot further than popping WCW in the mid nineties, a Girls Gone Wild PPV and Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Wrestling. 

I like Bischoff. He doesn't seem arsed with kayfabing it or pretending wrestling is this glorious blend of magic moments and Make-a-Wish vignettes. But the guy had one good run. 

• Moderators

Bischoff creatively has done more recently which was decent than Heyman. And I'm not having the smack down 6 as creative quality booking. It was basically "here's 6 good wrestlers, let's have combinations of them wrestle every well". 

• Paid Members

Maybe Bischoff was brought in as a fall guy for when something goes wrong so they can chuck him under the bus.

Prichard running Smackdown now will be good for Vince as he seems to know what Vince wants, but I wonder whether it's going to fit in with what Fox was wanting from Smackdown.

• Paid Members

Speaks to how little they value Bischoff's input if they're prepared to sack him off outright at a time when AEW are nipping at their heels, and the NWA are having another go at it. A fair difference from them keeping Heyman under contract for years just so TNA couldn't have him. Optimistically, maybe it's the realisation that "was good in the '90s" isn't going to cut it in making quality TV in this day and age, but it's much more likely a sacrifice to appease FOX.

Shame he's done completely, though, I was hoping we'd see him return as an on-screen gimmick. As far as heel authority figures go, he's one of the best, and having him manage a new heel act could have been a shot of credibility.

It was basically "here's 6 good wrestlers, let's have combinations of them wrestle every well

Which WWE haven't seemed to be able to do with one of their best ever rosters. 'Creative' doesn't always have to be twists and turns, it can be just good motivation for people to fight.

Its weird with The Bisch gone, I thought he was mainly there to schmooze the execs as he was more palatable than mad bastard Vince. But yeah it stinks of Vince wanting a Yes Man in there. I suppose Heyman is canny enough to know when to die on a hill and when not

11 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

It's only Alvarez but he suggests that his info is Bischoff wasn't actually doing anything creatively. Original suggestion was that he was just a figurehead to work with Fox and he looks like the fall guy already.

Haven't followed it too much but this seems like the most likely scenario.

I've read that Smackdown lost a million views in a week, and there seems to be a lot of emphasis on SD losing a million viewers. It was the second episode of the show on Fox, and it should be looked at as Smackdown having had a 25% increase in viewership for its debut show on the new channel. More people would have tuned in because of the extra ads and promotion for the show, and to see whether it would be any different.

As for Bischoff going as the fall guy, WWE have a history of this so it's nothing new. I don't know what excuses they'll use when the ratings stay stagnant or continue dropping though.

Eric wasn't hired to have any impact on anything creative. They weren't going to bank their biggest TV deal in history on a guy who hasn't had a good year since 1998, and if they tested the waters and the scripts Vince was changing were Eric's (unlikely), the joke is on them for being so stupid, but I don't think he was seriously brought in for that.

I also never bought the line that he was brought in to act as a liaison to FOX execs. How does that make any sense. Without him, they got $205 million per year. And suddenly they think the key to developing a relationship is someone they've never used in that position? If they're getting that much money, the relationship sounds pretty good to start with, they don't need Bischoff's fake smile, so that's bollocks.

Was he hired to be the fall guy when Smackdown underperformed? Not really, because if he was, they'd have kept him for five more weeks and then pulled the trigger.

So what was it really? Why the unexplainable hiring of Eric Bischoff in 2019? Because it was something to say to tide them over until they got to FOX because the ratings were down worse than they thought. They wanted to show the real marks, the shareholders, that they were taking steps to correct the course and give the illusion of stopping the bleeding by bringing in names that look good on a quick Google search. That's it. They had no intention of using him, because there is nothing there to use and everybody knows it.

So the entire thing was a bullshit flim-flam. A perfect, fitting end for Eric Bischoff in pro wrestling.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to pray to all the gods that AEW doesn't do something really stupid.