Bischoff Sacked

Yakashi

2 hours ago, Louch said:

Your obsession over Bischoff using the budget given to him being all he had, and ignorance of Heyman using the bank of mum & dad as his funds, just blatantly ignoring anything creative Eric done. 

Heyman was Bowler with richer parents

If you look back through my posts you'll see that I've said that Eric has had the greater company achievement and Heyman the greater personal.  I haven't said 1 is better than the other. 

I will say though that what has eric achieved outside that amazing run when he didnt have the resources Turner 94-98 gave him? 

I will state it again though, Eric's budget enabled him to do what he did, without it you don't have nWo, you don't weaken WWF buy poaching it's talent and you cnat manipulate broadcasting schedules. 

Not saying nWo wasn't amazing. It was and did start the boom period. Unfortunately there was no succession planning. When nWo ran its course the wheels came off. 

In retrospect that big wcw run killed the business as the fall from grace was huge, they went out of business thereby removing any alternative working places for talent and allowing wwf to slowly get lazier and lazier due to lack of competition. 

Had there been a long-term plan and far better staff, finance and product management they may still be about now. 

• Paid Members

Bischoff was pretty slick at one point. I genuinely believe that 98-99 period fried his brain or something. Like legendary rock producers from the 60s and 70s who went on to do shitty basic hair metal albums. This is a guy who used to fly to Japan for meetings regarding WCW Worldwide being show on TV. You could have sent Sonny Onoo to do that shit. He had his eye on ECW, and took their concepts. He had his eye on the WWF and saw what they did wrong and hired their best people. He took the New Japan/UWFI idea and ran with that. He signed up with Pena and did a massive expansion of Lucha Libre in the US market. In reality, he had one good idea, and that was the nWo. But you had to be pretty clued up to develop a melting pot that was WCW Nitro. He hired Zane Bresloff, because he was the best wrestling/martial arts live events guy in the country. He hired JJ Dillon, who knew all of the top WWF guys payoffs over the last decade.

You look at the Eric Bischoff on 2000 or 2019 or even better the TNA version of Eric Bischoff. The idea of him watching Dragon Gate or Evolve or PWG or Progress or anything to try and develop a new concept or hire new guys was unthinkable. He wouldnt even read @Liam O'Rourke 's Pillman book. The guy is so burnt out from 94-99, which must have been a nightmare, really. Its all on record what he did in his personal time as well. He was the president of WCW, had about 50 lawsuits to try and deal with, had to deal nightmares ranging from Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Ric Flair all the way to midcarders with big heads like Raven and fucking Konnan. Not forgetting him basically living in the Gold club, doing coke and shagging strippers all day.

It's amazing they hired him. He's 64 years old. 30 year old ex-Just Shoot Me and the Norm Show writers have cried himselves to sleep when showing up for their first day working for a nutcase like McMahon. One WWE stooge apparently said "Eric also had no stamina for the rigors of the job." Of course he didnt! He hasnt for 2 decades.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay