Bischoff Sacked

Yakashi

• Paid Members
Just now, David said:

They could have paid him what they'd agreed with him, but Vince decided that he didn't want to pay him that amount of money. 

WWF back then could have offered its top talent guaranteed contracts. They simply chose not to, because, just as is the case now, WWE is a shitarse of a company.

So the desperate times were not so desperate? I have only watched Wrestling with Shadows and that was the impression I was getting

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

So the desperate times were not so desperate? I have only watched Wrestling with Shadows and that was the impression I was getting

Desperate? Vince was a fucking multi-millionaire. His and WWF's "desperate times" are akin to the "desperate times" that the CEO of a Fortune 500 company may suffer from once Brexit hits.

WWE were haemorrhaging money in the mid nineties. They borrowed massively in 1997, right? Being a multi millionaire yourself doesn't mean you necessarily have the capital to keep an entity like WWE afloat without downsizing or making serious changes. Changes they were considering, at one point. 

Plenty of companies have gone down the shitpipe with their CEOs rolling in the dough. That's really not how money works. 

1 minute ago, Factotum said:

Fact was, all three of them were blowing money on unnecessary shit to try and compete with each other or simply survive at one point or another. 94-2000 is littered with awful deals and money being blown on talent.

Now I'm curious, does anyone know how much Paul was paying Sid to destroy people and leave the arena 10 seconds later?

Just now, digitalversicolor said:

What change were considered? I know they were up shit creek for a bit there in the mid 90's, not sure I've heard about this though.

The idea of downsizing to a predominantly Northeastern promotion was on the table at one point. Bruce Prichard confirmed as much on his podcast. 

It was probably one of the many "in case of emergency" envelopes more than anything else, but it was there. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Merzbow said:

Now I'm curious, does anyone know how much Paul was paying Sid to destroy people and leave the arena 10 seconds later?

Dunno, but WCW then paid him $800k a year plus PPV bonus so whatever Heyman spunked on him, it wasn't anywhere near the worst deal done that year.