WWE Network technical issues thread

JNLister

On 8/1/2019 at 10:48 PM, Harry Wiseau said:

I guess this is a technical issue  - I cancelled my subscription at the start of July,  not in some protest against whatever bullshit people get annoyed about but because I so rarely use it. Anyway I got the email saying my access ends on  July 25th so crammed in loads of viewing and actually got tempted to renew. Here's the thing  - I'm currently watching Starrcade 83  (for Harley ) on the network.  I just checked my email and my subscription ran out on the 25th.  I've not been notified they're extending my subscription as a goodwill gesture or anything but there it Is.  Has anyone else had this upsetting technical issue?

So my "access" ended July 25th but bizarrely I was able to access it afterwards, cramming in on all the stuff I should've watched when I'd paid for it, got really back into NXT and tonight? Tonight it's gone. It's almost as if they knew... almost... so.... How would one restart their subscription? Asking for a friend....

Obviously know how to restart it but gosh darn if they didn't lead me a merry dance there!

I activated a three month card on 30th July. It automatically gave my 99 days access to 8th November, instead of 30th Oct expiry.

My expiry date kept extending - 10th, 13th then 18th November. However it has now changed back to 30th October. So the rumours of people getting extensions due to the update may not occur.

i am pleased ‘continue watching’ is back but only post app update.

still annoyed there’s no watchlist or viewing history and lots of bits gone, ie hidden gems and hard to navigate.

i have found you can filter ppvs by date on desktop but not on fire stick or iOS.

I added a three month card on 30th July. It originally gave me 99 days access (to 8th Nov).

This was extended to 10th Nov, then 13th, then 18th. Presumed extended due to update issues. However last night it says expires 30th October, so all extended dates have been removed, potentially quashing peoples suggestions that time is being added to subscriptions due to the problems.

I’m glad to have ‘continue watching’ back but this is only post update, all pre update lost. I miss the watchlist, viewing history and hidden gems and find it quite tricky to navigate at times.

I note WWE ppvs can be sorted by date order on a normal computer but not on iOS or fire stick.

Lots of buffering when I started watching takeover this morning.

• Paid Members

Tried to watch last night's NXT Takeover on my Mac this morning. For some reason, the audio was about two seconds behind the video, meaning the noise of the bumps and the commentator's reactions to everything were delayed throughout. Made the show unwatchable. How can you screw so much up when trying to update an app?!

• Paid Members

I haven't had any buffering yet but I'm currently 1 hour and 20 minutes into NXT and the picture quality is just shite for something that's supposed to be HD. I'm watching through the fire stick on a TV that's 4 months old and on a SKY's superfast broadband that hasn't given me any picture issues with any other app/streaming service/device, even streaming live football this weekend it was fine, so I'm blaming this new WWE app. 

The only thing I've watched on the new version so far has been about fifteen minutes of that SummerSlam spectacular show from 1993. The picture quality for that was better than this shite. 

Can't watch SummerSlam on my lunch break because there's just a million fucking issues with the Network. 

Since the change it has been a nightmare for me, to be honest, and I hope they sort their shit out soon. It's great value for money but I'm not going to continue paying for something that I can't watch or is this inconsistent. 

• Paid Members

Takeover was intolerable to watch due to buffering. Internet speed and connection on Fire Stick was spot on too, so yeah, defo a network issue.

The FF button on PS4 & Fire Stick is shocking.

The pre-show for SummerSlam last night wasn’t bad, but it crashed the app twice. Not ideal.

I know people will generally disagree, but I was more than happy with the older version and layout. It was fine as it was. The search function and groupings was a bit shit at times, but nothing that required an update of this magnitude. Not a fan of the new version, and the buffering/crashing is shit.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

There's a guy on Reddit who's absolutely convinced the problem with playback is that the live shows are being shot at 29.97 frames per second (which is what US TV broadcasts at) but the new Network has been set to play back at 30 fps for some reason. How different devices try to fix that disparity in real time is how you're ending up with different glitches/sync problems/freezes/buffering.

Contrastingly (because you'll always get a contrasting view at Reddit), somebody else is adamant that the actual streaming files are missing bits of information here and there. In some cases it's video information, which creates the glitch/freeze and in some case its the data in the audio stream that tells devices how to sync it to the video stream.

Edited by JNLister