WWE Network technical issues thread

JNLister

• Paid Members

I finally cancelled by subscription for the first time since April 2015. I have no problem paying for it, but not if it doesn't work. When the dodgy streams I can find are giving me a better picture and sound quality than the £9.99 service (which was incredible value before the update) then there is a problem. 

Since I have never cancelled before I found it incredibly strange that they don't ask you why you are cancelling or try to convince you to stay. I'll sign back up again for sure, but I'll give it time until I think all the bugs are fixed from this shit new update, which could be a while. 

I echo the above sentiments that the network is a bargain when working but when simple things like an inability to fast forward properly or have streams actual work are so problematic it renders it worthless.

There are numerous alternative means to watch the same content in better quality, with better convenience and without any issues, for free.

Since the update the app is no longer supported on my smart TV meaning I can either watch on a tablet or through my PS4.

Today I had to watch Crown Jewel with the Saudi commentary as the english language one wasn't working.

Incredible for a company of their size to make changes to an app that worked perfectly fine which have produced no benefit, countless issues and are still yet to be addressed months on.

I couldn't watch on PS4 this morning, just kept freezing at the start and even when I skipped ahead it just buffered, every other show was working fine.

Worked fine on my phone though so had to watch it on there instead 

The commentary did randomly change to German before the main event tho even tho the settings were still showing English and even when I changed it to a different language it stayed on German, had to exit it and play again and it was back to English again, very strange

I watch the Network mainly on Roku and in most instances it is stable. I do however now and again receive a message about an "invalid token" on some videos which causes the app to close and reset.

Admittedly, I only really watch the classic content so unsure if the issues people seem to have is with the live streams etc.  

Echo other members statements about how poor the app seemingly is. Considering the size and worth of the company it is showcasing, it really should be better. 

4 hours ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Incredible for a company of their size to make changes to an app that worked perfectly fine which have produced no benefit, countless issues and are still yet to be addressed months on.

They parted ways with the company that used to do the technology for them. I’m not sure if it’s come out why that was, but presumably the new mob they’ve got doing it are the ones who said the app needed to be updated to work only with newer devices, and they’ve not got the know-how to do it as well as the last lot.

I forgot I’d resubscribed, but went on to watch Crown Jewel last night around the time it finished. Clicked “watch from beginning” and it went straight to an image spoiling the main event. So I watched an illegal stream instead, because that seems more reliable.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

They parted ways with the company that used to do the technology for them. I’m not sure if it’s come out why that was, but presumably the new mob they’ve got doing it are the ones who said the app needed to be updated to work only with newer devices, and they’ve not got the know-how to do it as well as the last lot.

I forgot I’d resubscribed, but went on to watch Crown Jewel last night around the time it finished. Clicked “watch from beginning” and it went straight to an image spoiling the main event. So I watched an illegal stream instead, because that seems more reliable.

They were with MLB network from the launch - at the time, known as the best in the game. I remember reading it was silly expensive to have them maintain the network.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've been offered a better cut of it all with a good company. However, I very much doubt MLB have fallen so far behind, given they were applauded for their constant ideas and implementations of them.

• 1 month later...

Got sick of the Xbox One App constantly buffering so picked up an Amazon Firestick 4K via a Black Friday deal for £30 (think the HD one was £20). The Network hasn't buffered for me once using the Firestick. Far better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Coming from someone who has watched the Network mainly on the Xbox and a tablet I am just wondering why when using a laptop are you unable to click on any of the options on the home menu other than the watch now option. This may just be me not seeing something obvious but I thought that i'd ask.  

Has anybody been having issues again? I've tried to watch Summerslam 92 the past two nights but have given up as it was regularly buffering. This is both on my LG smart TV and PS4. 

I'd signed up again hoping the network had improved but looks like I will be binning it again soon at this rate. They must be using some poor technology as every other streaming service I use never had these issues.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, iMPACt! said:

Has anybody been having issues again? I've tried to watch Summerslam 92 the past two nights but have given up as it was regularly buffering. This is both on my LG smart TV and PS4. 

I'd signed up again hoping the network had improved but looks like I will be binning it again soon at this rate. They must be using some poor technology as every other streaming service I use never had these issues.

Watching on my laptop I've noticed a moderate amount of buffering/drop in resolution over the past few days.  Normally there is none.