WWE Network technical issues thread

JNLister

1 hour ago, SpykeDudlei1 said:

A bigger issue for me that doesn’t appear to have been addressed is being able to remove shows etc from the Continue Watching section. Unless they’ve improved the facility where it actually does delete 100% of the time when you get to the end that is. I’ve got so much on there that I’ve watched right through but for some reason it doesn’t recognise the fact and stays on the list.

I had this same problem dating back to Survivor Series 2016 and its pissed me off ever since. However, since the update my 'Continue Watching' section has been wiped and now appears to work properly.

That goes for the app on my Samsung phone and PS4.

20 minutes ago, bbabba said:

Can anyone tell me how to find the continue watching section on the web-browser version (watching on google chrome on my laptop)?

If yours has been wiped like mine was on the apps then there wont be anything in it so the section wont appear until you watch part of a show. 

I got an email that the Network will only work on LG TV's that are post 2017 manufacture, so it doesn't appear to load correctly on my 2016 one. A real shame as I liked to burn through episodes of RAW at times when at home. Can still watch on my iPad but don't fancy watching Mania on the small screen so it seems a bit of a prohibitive decision to make updates that only work on certain platforms. I'm certainly not going to buy a new TV so if it comes to it the Network subscription will go

15 hours ago, SpykeDudlei1 said:

A bigger issue for me that doesn’t appear to have been addressed is being able to remove shows etc from the Continue Watching section. Unless they’ve improved the facility where it actually does delete 100% of the time when you get to the end that is. I’ve got so much on there that I’ve watched right through but for some reason it doesn’t recognise the fact and stays on the list.

That's easy to remedy, you just ensure that the autoplay option isn't selected, and if you're watching something and want it to be removed you just let it play until it actually stops. 

If it's something you've partly watched and want to remove it, just slide the timer to a minute before it finishes and let it play out. 

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, rollthedice said:

If yours has been wiped like mine was on the apps then there wont be anything in it so the section wont appear until you watch part of a show. 

Unfortunately even after (partially) watching new stuff I still can't find the continue watching function on the web browser version of the Network.  Really frustrating.

I guess this is a technical issue  - I cancelled my subscription at the start of July,  not in some protest against whatever bullshit people get annoyed about but because I so rarely use it. Anyway I got the email saying my access ends on  July 25th so crammed in loads of viewing and actually got tempted to renew. Here's the thing  - I'm currently watching Starrcade 83  (for Harley ) on the network.  I just checked my email and my subscription ran out on the 25th.  I've not been notified they're extending my subscription as a goodwill gesture or anything but there it Is.  Has anyone else had this upsetting technical issue?

• Paid Members

I use the app on my fire stick and on my phone. Yesterday when I logged into my phone the updated app opened, albeit slowly, and my continue watching list was there. 

When I got home I logged into the app on the fire stick, but the continue watching section had been wiped on that. After this, the phone app did nothing but freeze upon opening and then crash. Might be time to cancel before Summer Slam and see if I have time to get a free offer for the show if it's going to be on constant buffer and crash mode for the next while. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Harry Wiseau said:

I guess this is a technical issue  - I cancelled my subscription at the start of July,  not in some protest against whatever bullshit people get annoyed about but because I so rarely use it. Anyway I got the email saying my access ends on  July 25th so crammed in loads of viewing and actually got tempted to renew. Here's the thing  - I'm currently watching Starrcade 83  (for Harley ) on the network.  I just checked my email and my subscription ran out on the 25th.  I've not been notified they're extending my subscription as a goodwill gesture or anything but there it Is.  Has anyone else had this upsetting technical issue?

Just be careful that they don't try and charge you for an extra month.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members

There've been a few people say their renewal date is suddenly a week or so later than normal. Just a guess (and possible crediting them with more cunning than they deserve), but perhaps they wanted to avoid anyone getting the monthly "we took your ten bucks" email in the middle of the shitstorm.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:14 PM, HarmonicGenerator said:

This new version has a hell of a lot more buffering for me. Took 20 minutes for NXT to get past the intro tonight, and god forbid I use the skip 10 seconds buttons, because it’ll freeze for at least that long every time.

Came on here to write the same thing. Buffering makes viewing almost anything for more than 10 minutes a chore - you are guaranteed it'll stop-start and its annoying as hell.

I've noticed it skip a couple of times when watching on my Fire Stick but not to the point where it's not watchable. The match selection seems to work fine which is good, but yeah they're definitely having some issues. Shame really as I do like the new layout and functionality.