WWE Network technical issues thread

JNLister

• Paid Members

The mods have removed the old Network FAQ thread now it's officially obsolete. We have the "Best things to watch on the network" thread for discussing content. This is the all-new "talk about any technical problems with the network/ask for help" thread.

Obviously there's nothing to write here at the moment because everything's just peachy.

• Paid Members

(OK, snark aside, one workaround for Android users trying to Chromecast: casting the live stream still isn't working but casting VOD is. You need to tap the cast icon first, then select and play your clip. Doing it the other way round isn't working right now.)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, 300 said:

Have they done away with the watchlist now?

Nope, but it's "temporarily unavailable" (which was announced before the transition started). As every video file is now in a different location/has a different name&structure, the chances are that when they bring it back it'll be empty and you'll have to rebuild it.

• Paid Members

Anyone having any issues with streams locking up on their Samsung Smart TV app? I'm working my way through WCW's weekly TV/PPV's and I'm having to reset the app at least twice per episode...

This massive relaunch has been a massive cock up but what more can we expect from this company. What's mental is they have done this in preparation of the new tiered pricing system (which I read how it's going to work and I'm more than happy to pay £15 a month for the huge amount of content they will be giving us) however from what I've read this has Pissed more people off than it has impressed and as a result have lost a shed load of current subscribers. 

My honest opinion is we will get the new content and it will be green lit by the end of summer 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

This massive relaunch has been a massive cock up but what more can we expect from this company. What's mental is they have done this in preparation of the new tiered pricing system (which I read how it's going to work and I'm more than happy to pay £15 a month for the huge amount of content they will be giving us) however from what I've read this has Pissed more people off than it has impressed and as a result have lost a shed load of current subscribers. 

My honest opinion is we will get the new content and it will be green lit by the end of summer 

How is the tiered pricing going to work?

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

OK. So the £10 a month plan is basically the same as we have now(less the bits of "indie" content that is on there)? And for the extra £5, they would remove the ads and unlock the indie stuff? 

I think I'll stick with the ÂŁ10 plan if that's the case. I personally only watch the classic content like WCW TV/PPv's and the old WWF/E stuff. My kids will only really watch the live PPV's, NXT and a bit of the old WWE shows. As long as you still get all the live PPV's included(including 'Mania), then ÂŁ10 a month is enough for me...

Ignore all the speculation bollocks about tiers. Like the internet does, the same old rumours get repeated on an irregular basis whenever someone gets bored and decides to resurrect one. The basis of this one dates all the way back to 2016 when WWE distributed a survey with, shock horror, the options being bandied about now.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2016/10/8/13210612/wwe-network-tiered-pricing-plan-survey-tna-ring-of-honor-indepenent-wrestling-content

Edited by Tamura

I'll be honest looking at the whole rumoured bit's going round I will happily take the top tier. However I think it's a fucking sly move with them now saying you have to take the top tier in order to get ad free access. 

This is going to sound weird to some people it always does but I don't watch any tv whatsoever. I watch bits on kodi when it comes to tv series and a few films but If I didn't have my son I genuinely wouldn't even have a TV and one of the main reasons why is because I can't stand watching anything with ad breaks every 15 minutes, I don't know why but because of my absolute out of control ADHD constant breaks in anything I'm trying to watch just breaks my concentration completely. So If they are thinking now of putting constant bits of advertising in between the videos unless you pay more I can't see this going down well with alot of people 

A bigger issue for me that doesn’t appear to have been addressed is being able to remove shows etc from the Continue Watching section. Unless they’ve improved the facility where it actually does delete 100% of the time when you get to the end that is. I’ve got so much on there that I’ve watched right through but for some reason it doesn’t recognise the fact and stays on the list.

Personally I do not mind the layout and think it looks a lot tider compared to the old one. The annoyance I have is that certain things are on one platform and not the other! For example I can view colisum home videos on one of my devices but not the other.

In my opinion a watchlist should be one of the essential things on a streaming platform, evidently not.