AEW Fight For The Fallen

tiger_rick

Pre-Show's have a clear purpose and that's to convince anyone who is on the fence to watch the main product you are trying to sell.

If it was me I would mostly use it for hype videos, promo's etc. Any match you put on there is immediately up against it because people would tend to think "well these lads aren't good enough for the main show"

Their pre-shows sound insane to me. Lets just say you were a casual fan, checked out the pre-show, for some reason you found it incredibly entertaining. You loved it (outing yourself as a deranged pervert in the process). You decided to watch the main shows. Wouldn't you be slightly baffled that the main show is absolutely nothing like the pre-show?

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Pre-Show's have a clear purpose and that's to convince anyone who is on the fence to watch the main product you are trying to sell.

I don't think anyone is having trouble with that. Except maybe Cody.

3 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Lets just say you were a casual fan, checked out the pre-show

This is the bit I'm not sure on. Is that audience really there for this? They're effectively web only at the moment. Most people watching them either watch their You Tube output or decide on what they've read and heard online. I just don't see a crowd checking out their pre-show to see whether to order. That's not to defend the shit on it. They absolutely shouldn't be turning the stomachs of people who have bought the show anyway.

I do feel slightly hypocritical. I've barely watched a WWE pre-show ever and certainly haven't reviewed them on it. I've watched 2/2 on AEW and panned both.

The Jericho interview should be on the pre show. Known performer, and have him tease it won’t be the last you see of him that night. 

The librarian shite is hopefully on its way out given this weeks BTE. It’s the kinda 2 minute rubbish you can have on a web show, but has no place on a proper show. Good opportunity getting someone a super babyface reaction taking them out though 

• Paid Members

For anyone that didn't see BTE, they addressed the Librarian stuff going down badly - but in the usual BTE way, by having BluePants saying it was the greatest moment of her life, and Matt/Nick deciding that the passion of her speech convinced them that the Librarian gimmick was a winner, and it should be all Librarians all the time. 

So they're aware (as with the 'More comedy' bit in the same skit). Be interesting to see if they can make it work at all, but agreed with everyone else that their approach to pre-shows is lacking. 

I'm starting to get the feeling that the Bucks are the types to treat any kind of criticism as if it's been spewed by Jim Cornette and instantly do more of what they're told is bad.

Also, it's bloody amazing that their sense of humour is somehow sub-WWE, it's the absolute lowest rung of comedy.

Edited by Merzbow