AEW Fight For The Fallen

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Only ten days to go. I'm looking forward to this despite some of the issues with Fyter Fest. Obviously this particular show is about far more than the matches but 3 of those announced already look well tasty.

image.png.aa54236d8a5ed1f3f4b1e94350df2917.png

Confirmed card

Brandi Rhodes vs. Allie

image.png.2499994bd6b95b9a8b8788a6987d9f38.png

Kenny Omega vs. Cima

image.png.88ff45f735c797a85c695c175e8aad58.png

Cody and Dustin vs. The Young Bucks

image.png.f4fd2eea4f6481c63c4f88d7a57ea518.png

Adam Page vs. Kip Sabian

image.png.1d498e41a3f7e466dd91767d33c77d41.png

Darby Allin, Jimmy Havoc & Joey Janela vs. MJF, Shawn Spears and Sammy Guevera

image.png.9b085676496a0de1adc92092b3f0bae0.png

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Should be a solid show. CIMA is still hot and cold for me, so I'm curious to see what Kenny can get out of him. Allie vs Brandi will be fast-forward material, unfortunately. I can't imagine that will be engaging at all. Page vs Sabian should be a fun go-around, with Jericho probably interfering during or after the match.

Obviously, the tag match will be the show stealer. Easy match to work with Cody's head injury and playing up the strained family ties of the Rhodes, mixed with Cody having to duke it out with his close friends.

Round out the card with something like Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus vs Best Friends and an MJF promo, and we're looking at a breezy 3 hours or so.

I hope the Private Party are on this show. Such a good find. They should keep them in people's heads as much as possible as they aren't as established to any wrestling fans unless you were religiously watching Amazing Red's promotion. Some more of them and scrapping that rubbish Wyatts rip-off would be great.

29 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Should be a solid show. CIMA is still hot and cold for me, so I'm curious to see what Kenny can get out of him. Allie vs Brandi will be fast-forward material, unfortunately. I can't imagine that will be engaging at all. Page vs Sabian should be a fun go-around, with Jericho probably interfering during or after the match.

Obviously, the tag match will be the show stealer. Easy match to work with Cody's head injury and playing up the strained family ties of the Rhodes, mixed with Cody having to duke it out with his close friends.

Round out the card with something like Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus vs Best Friends and an MJF promo, and we're looking at a breezy 3 hours or so.

I'd say MJF needs to be in a match that he can win, win's and losses matter remember. Maybe against someone like Jimmy Havoc.

• Paid Members

Never been a fan of the Bucks; it feels like the Rhodes Gang are wasted in this match. Still, if there's anyone who can get a good match out of those two, it's Dustin and Cody.

All about Cody and Dustin for me. It'll be interesting to see what their match with the Bucks is like, considering the brothers are both very good at putting on old school wrestling stories in-ring, and the Bucks aren't exactly all about that.

Rest of the card looks solid enough, although I could happily live without Brandi/Allie.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

Never been a fan of the Bucks; it feels like the Rhodes Gang are wasted in this match. Still, if there's anyone who can get a good match out of those two, it's Dustin and Cody.

18 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

All about Cody and Dustin for me. It'll be interesting to see what their match with the Bucks is like, considering the brothers are both very good at putting on old school wrestling stories in-ring, and the Bucks aren't exactly all about that.

happy excuse me GIF

• Paid Members

Sorry, @Accident Prone, but that's exactly what I think. From what I've seen of them recently, they're still the no-selling, over-the-top spot-monkeys they were when they started, just with more character to hide that. I really don't get how they've managed to fool people into believing they've improved. 

Their stuff outside the ring is entertaining enough, but if I'm going to watch high-speed spot-fest sprints, I'll stick to DragonGate.

Intrigued by the Rhodes/Bucks match because like others I’m hoping that they can get something different out of the Bucks, because they’re not going to be able to just mash the Superkick Button like they usually do.

After their interactions in the Four Way match, I wouldn’t be against seeing MJF and Jungle Boy go one-on-one

I think if the Bucks work Dustin's match (I'm not on the "Cody is great" train yet, he's just the smart one), then it could easily piss all over every other match the Bucks have had. I mentioned in the previous thread, my fav Bucks match is them wrestling The Hardyz in a random indie in 2014 - everyone was there for The Hardyz so Bucks actually played real classic heels against one of the best tag teams in history, and it was really satisfying. Hoping for something vaguely similar to that, with maybe one or two Cool Indie Movez from Dustin just for a laugh, as he's in such great shape you may as well.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Sorry, @Accident Prone, but that's exactly what I think. From what I've seen of them recently, they're still the no-selling, over-the-top spot-monkeys they were when they started, just with more character to hide that. I really don't get how they've managed to fool people into believing they've improved. 

Their stuff outside the ring is entertaining enough, but if I'm going to watch high-speed spot-fest sprints, I'll stick to DragonGate.

I can't buy into that critique of them just being 'spot monkeys' seeing as they have the traditional tag-team wrestling formula down to a tee. They know when and where to pull out the big spots and bumps, and they also know how to do a nicely paced, old-school tag match as well as spot fests and more epic, story-based matches.

Also, calling them out for 'not selling' is outrageous considering Matt Jackson's two year long story where the focus was him selling his back in every single match.

Honestly, I think most of the Bucks bad rep (as small as it is, nowadays) comes from people's preconceived notions being cemented by no-context GIFs online, Jim Cornette's ranting and our human nature to not change opinions once you've all ready started it (not saying this is you CB, just a general observation of what I've seen).

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Accident Prone said:

I can't buy into that critique of them just being 'spot monkeys' seeing as they have the traditional tag-team wrestling formula down to a tee. They know when and where to pull out the big spots and bumps, and they also know how to do a nicely paced, old-school tag match as well as spot fests and more epic, story-based matches.

Also, calling them out for 'not selling' is outrageous considering Matt Jackson's two year long story where the focus was him selling his back in every single match.

Honestly, I think most of the Bucks bad rep (as small as it is, nowadays) comes from people's preconceived notions being cemented by no-context GIFs online, Jim Cornette's ranting and our human nature to not change opinions once you've all ready started it (not saying this is you CB, just a general observation of what I've seen).

But it seemed like that was the only thing he was selling! When the central point of your storyline is that you've actually started selling something, it's a bit toilet.

I'll have to defer to your knowledge of them, as I must have been walking between the raindrops on this one - everything I've seen of them in-ring has been spotty shite, but on that basis I haven't sought to look at anything else they've done, so I'll concede I may not have caught all the good stuff. I'm more than happy to change my opinion, as I have done regarding the likes of Sami Zayn and AJ Styles, who have evolved from the spot-monkeys they were (sorry, but I thought early TNA AJ was terrible), but at the moment, the Bucks are still Poundshop Hardyz for me.