AEW Fight For The Fallen

tiger_rick

3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Two assholes going back and forth, only one is a likable asshole and the other is a detestable twat.

That's a matter of opinion. I don't find either likeable. Two detestable twats

I'll say this about Enzo. Once upon a time he had a fairly entertaining act that got a good pop. It it wasn't for his attitude and burning bridges, I think he would've made a great manager, heel or face. He was green in the ring, but he could've laced up his boots once in a while, like most managers did for special attractions. I do think he's an example of wasted talent. 

Janela from what I've saw of him is utterly useless, but I've not seen much to be fair. 

Edited by LEGIT

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Doubt the super inclusive AEW guys would bring in someone who has the stink of sexual assault hanging over them, even if there was no conviction.

Whilst you're almost certainly correct, let's not forget Kenny Omega did book a registered sex offender last year:

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/07/01/kenny-omega-issues-official-apology-booking-sex-offender-show/

IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega has had some serious backlash come his way following the CEO x NJPW event he ran in Florida. This is due to the controversial decision on Omega’s behalf to book a registered sex offender in his show.

We previously reported Omega had responded to a fan in regards to this matter, claiming they are both disappointed. We now have an update to that story, as Omega has released an official statement on the matter, apologizing for his oversight.

Omega booked a wrestler named Chasyn Rance in the dark match to open the CEO x NJPW event. This reportedly upset fans both in attendance and on social media. Rance is a convicted sex offender. In the past, he pled no contest to charges of lewd or lascivious battery. This came after reports he allegedly had sex with a 15-year-old girl in 2008 when the wrestler was ten years her elder.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, the girl had admitted to drinking alcohol, smoking marijuana and having intercourse with the wrestler at his home in Orlando. The two had also been exchanging text messages and calls, sleeping in the same bed together a number of times. Additionally, Rance was open in telling the girl he had cheated on numerous girlfriends to be with her.

Eventually, Rance was released from the Orange County Jail on a $3,500 bond and continued to wrestle. From here, Rance started to operate a wrestling school. This would subsequently be the school Omega chose to use as the location for the CEO x NJPW event.

At the time, Omega reportedly didn’t know about Rance’s history. He explains in the apology that he was unaware and had asked people in the back to name two wrestlers from the school who could put on an entertaining match to open the show and Rance was one of those two names.

This response has garnered some varied reactions. Some fans are accepting of the apology, as Omega is open to offering refunds for those who feel they need it. Others don’t buy it, claiming Omega could have done a quick Google search and saw the Orlando Sentinel article as a top search result.

Edited by Supremo

9 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Eh, looks to me like Janela was backing down because he's smart enough to, but was also ready to defend himself whenever Enzo came near. He looks a bit shell shocked as he just went to say hi and ended up in a 'scuffle'.

Enzo comes off bad (:mild shock:) and he'd come off worse if he actually landed blows. Janela did the right thing and Enzo will wallow back to obscurity after the next Twitter news cycle.

Give over, you’re backing Janela because you like him and don’t like Enzo. He literally looks like a small child shitting himself and doesn’t know what to do. And he’s fucking rotten anyway. Really awful.

Christ though, what a wonderful representation of the pro-wrestler of today - these two, with that at a fucking Blink 182 concert!

13 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Why is no one talking about the fact that this all happened at a Blink 182 concert! BLINK 182! They're grown men in their 30's! 

BLINK 182!

Considering Blink 182 were at their most popular and relevant back in 1999 (twenty years ago) it's safe to assume that the majority of their fanbase are in their 30's!

54 minutes ago, Bohan said:

Considering Blink 182 were at their most popular and relevant back in 1999 (twenty years ago) it's safe to assume that the majority of their fanbase are in their 30's!

I took an ex to see them at Brixton Academy a few years back. Ticket price for such a small venue probably played a part, but literally everyone there were adults for nostalgia purposes. 

Blink 182 is Dad Rock now 

12 hours ago, Supremo said:

Whilst you're almost certainly correct, let's not forget Kenny Omega did book a registered sex offender last year:

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/07/01/kenny-omega-issues-official-apology-booking-sex-offender-show/

Reading that, Omega has done nothing wrong bar failing to research. He has trusted the opinions of others too easily then apologised and offered refunds. What more do people want from him? 

I'm far from some Omega mark, I've hardly seen any of his work but that is folk just looking to be offended if they hold that against him after the explanation and apology. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

Give over, you’re backing Janela because you like him and don’t like Enzo. He literally looks like a small child shitting himself and doesn’t know what to do. And he’s fucking rotten anyway. Really awful.

Abso-fucking-lutely I have a bias towards Janela, and it's no big secret. I'm a fan of his work and the way he approaches, and promotes, wrestling shows. The worst thing he has done that may rub people the wrong way was get thrown off a roof (which enrages the Cornette camp).

Also, I love seeing all these folk coming out and mocking him for 'not knowing what to do', like being a seasoned street fighter is something to be proud of. Get to fuck with that toxic masculinity bullshit. Joey acted exactly how I would act if some trashbag took a joke the wrong way and came at me with fists. Just back off and bring up a defensive stance when he comes near, seems pretty normal to me.

He's even come out and said he basically instigated it and he STILL looks better than Enzo coming out of this. Fighting for nothing is dumb, and Joey knows it and everybody with a lick of sense these days knows it.

And imagine not understanding why people in their 30's are going to Blink 182 gigs. Come on, don't be that dense.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, FUM said:

Reading that, Omega has done nothing wrong bar failing to research. He has trusted the opinions of others too easily then apologised and offered refunds. What more do people want from him? 

I'm far from some Omega mark, I've hardly seen any of his work but that is folk just looking to be offended if they hold that against him after the explanation and apology. 

I mostly agree, was just pointing out that Omega has made a similar mistake before.

More did come out after the fact though, where Omega talked himself into a bit of a corner. First he said he'd only ever met the guys once, years ago, but then someone managed to find an Instagram photo (since deleted, obviously) of them together more recently:

https://deadspin.com/someones-lying-about-how-a-sex-offender-got-on-kenny-om-1827394971