Jump to content
tiger_rick

AEW Fight For The Fallen

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Because? I mean, we've already had Taker/Goldberg in the last month

You seen her "work" before? She's got many talents but should not be in the ring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

I couldn't tell you exactly - the clip on YouTube didn't give the date. The only thing I can say is that it was in the build-up to Flair's title defence against Dusty at Starrcade, but I don't know which one. I tried to find the clip, but it seems to have been taken down.

EDIT: Ah! Seems it was from 1984, so fair enough. I got the promotion wrong, it was Mid-Atlantic:

 

The Flair stuff is pretty confusing but I think since '81 he was a babyface in his home of Mid Atlantic and played heel in the spots he travelled to as champ. It wasn't until the famous Dusty leg breaking angle in '85 where he turned full-on heel all over.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any chance whatsoever that ICP will one day turn up on one of these shows? I mean there's not but I just really want to see them continuing their run of being hired by every major and almost major wrestling promotion since the 90's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmy Havoc.

"Now that'll put butts in seats!"

Wonder what they will do with him when they're not allowed to do deathmatchy things on TNT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Ugh, really? If that's true it's killed any anticipation I had for the weekly AEW product right away. Can't be arsed with this shades of grey shit in my wrestling.

As long as there are some definite heels and some definite faces, I'm okay with it. I care far more about clearly defined characters for the rest. Jon Moxley can feud easily with both Kenny Omega and Chris Jericho as a tweener. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seratonin said:

Jimmy Havoc.

"Now that'll put butts in seats!"

Wonder what they will do with him when they're not allowed to do deathmatchy things on TNT.

Well he shouldn’t be doing death matches on a weekly show even if he was allowed. That should be saved for PPVs anyway. He also probably wasn’t signed to put butts in seats either, more like work with the people who puts butts in seats.

He is decent for the role he was brought in to do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scorpio Sky and Frankie Kazarian Vs Pentagon Jr and Rey Fenix has been announced on the latest Being The Elite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is signing up to FITE for the first time and wants 10 dollar credit to watch this show, use my code “dwklzk0.” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think their roster is quite thin. It's a shame in a way that Impact, ROH and MLW are still middling around. Take the top few guys on their roster and chuck them in AEW and it could be quite special. Jacob Fatu in particular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I still think their roster is quite thin. It's a shame in a way that Impact, ROH and MLW are still middling around. Take the top few guys on their roster and chuck them in AEW and it could be quite special. Jacob Fatu in particular.

It may have been mentioned on here previously but it was mentioned somewhere recently that AEW, especially going forward on TV, could really do with some big guys that look the part. 
As an example, watching Slammiversary last night there was Killer Kross, Brian Cage, Michael Elgin - MLW has Hammerstone and the aforementioned Jacob Fatu. It really makes a nice change to see some big bastards in amongst all the smaller guys,

Small guys that can 'work' have their place but, in my opinion, you need variety on a show and AEW is lacking that at the minute in my opinion.

On another note - is it telling that wrestlers who, at the start of the year were seen as 'definite' jumps to AEW when their deals expired [like Gallows and Anderson] have chosen to re-sign with WWE rather than sign with AEW or am I reading too much into it?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

On another note - is it telling that wrestlers who, at the start of the year were seen as 'definite' jumps to AEW when their deals expired [like Gallows and Anderson] have chosen to re-sign with WWE rather than sign with AEW or am I reading too much into it?
 

Not really. They watched Fyter Fest and realised it's gonna be some time before AEW gain some decent traction without fucking up shows almost as bad as TNA. Some of the stuff in FF made me cringe so hard I felt bad for some of the workers.

Don't know about you but WWE is where I'd be staying in this current climate.

I'll keep watching the next few cards but they're really struggling to appear a competitor.

Edited by Seratonin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

949D338E-431C-455F-964D-4E5214F24D49.png.e196c958d65d4e019802dc4f466e5d80.png

Note pad shown on this week’s Being the Elite. Cute little Easter egg, hinting at Oct 2nd being the start date for the TNT show and, “Good Brothers,” being crossed out now they’ve signed new deals with WWE.

That sarcastic “more comedy?” is interesting though. It means they’re at least aware of the criticism. I guess we’ll see how they react to it on Saturday.

Jericho’s announced as appearing, isn’t he? Maybe an angle with Hangman Page?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

It may have been mentioned on here previously but it was mentioned somewhere recently that AEW, especially going forward on TV, could really do with some big guys that look the part. 
As an example, watching Slammiversary last night there was Killer Kross, Brian Cage, Michael Elgin - MLW has Hammerstone and the aforementioned Jacob Fatu. It really makes a nice change to see some big bastards in amongst all the smaller guys,

Small guys that can 'work' have their place but, in my opinion, you need variety on a show and AEW is lacking that at the minute in my opinion.

On another note - is it telling that wrestlers who, at the start of the year were seen as 'definite' jumps to AEW when their deals expired [like Gallows and Anderson] have chosen to re-sign with WWE rather than sign with AEW or am I reading too much into it?
 

And lets be honest, it's always going to be the big lads that are going to sell the tickets and draw in the punters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good post, SBA. Been saying it since the inception of this thing. Would be great to see some of those guys working a proper heavyweight main event style. Could see Page and Ambrose fitting in with some of the bigger guys, and Jericho now he's fat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joey Janela saw Enzo Amore at a Blink 182 concert last night, and Enzo gave him a smack to the jaw. Apparently he prank called him at Starrcast or some shit, so when Enzo found out who he was, he twatted him. More to the point, is Blink 182 now the wrestlers hangout? And were they at one stage teenage girls from the late 90s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...