AEW Fight For The Fallen

tiger_rick

The bit on theĀ Rhodes brothersĀ is fantastic. It might have been better if it ended atĀ Dustin's "your souls will leave you body's" line, before they took itĀ into a more insider direction (And Cody, keep Taka Michinoku's name out of your mouth), but this and the Marvez segment did the job of getting me hyped for the main event..

The Brandi interview from last week was class as well, although,Ā to be honest, it only lowered my expectations for the women's match even further. Not sure that talking about your stage fright is a good way to sell a match.Ā 

Omega/Cima and Page/Kip Sabian are the matches I'm most interested in. Still waiting for Page to show me what he's all about and Sabian is probably the perfect opponent for him to shine.

SoCAl against the Lucha Brothers should be a belter. Hoping the Bucks have more of a Rhodes tag than a Bucks tag.Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Aids ridden graphic here. Looks like a six man tag, no "vs" next to the names and that caption above it. Three teams are wrestling for an opportunity at a first round bye? What a shit show.

D_OSXO1XYAE1xyh.png

Graphic looks a bit shite and the positioning of Evans and Angelico is a bit confusing, but itā€™s easy to work out itā€™s a three way tag match if you who they are as teams.Ā If you donā€™t know who they are the graphic isnā€™t important anyway other than people being intrigued by Luchasaurus.

Dustin carries that sit down interview, if he is close to retirement he needs to be producing all the sit down interviews and getting the kids to leave out some of the more stupid inside one linersĀ 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Abso-fucking-lutely I have a biasĀ towards Janela, and it's no big secret. I'm a fan of his work and the way he approaches, and promotes,Ā wrestling shows. The worst thing he has done that may rub people the wrong way wasĀ get thrown off a roof (which enrages the Cornette camp).

Also, I love seeing all these folk coming out and mocking him for 'not knowing what to do', like being a seasoned street fighter is something to be proud of. Get to fuck with that toxic masculinity bullshit. Joey acted exactly how I would act if some trashbag took a joke the wrong way and came at me with fists. Just back off and bring upĀ a defensive stance when heĀ comes near, seems pretty normal to me.

He's even come out and said he basically instigated it and he STILL looks better than Enzo coming out of this. Fighting for nothing is dumb, and Joey knows it and everybody with a lick of sense these days knows it.

Bob Holly rule is in effect as regards this. If Bob Holly acted like Janela did, would you defend him?

7 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

The bit on theĀ Rhodes brothersĀ is fantastic. It might have been better if it ended atĀ Dustin's "your souls will leave you body's" line, before they took itĀ into a more insider direction (And Cody, keep Taka Michinoku's name out of your mouth.

What a frikkin weird shot at Taka. Is there a backstory here?Ā 

I love the irony that he talking about someone disrespecting them as a tag team by somehow disrespecting a fellow wrestler like that.

• Paid Members

Another absolutley tremendous build up video.

I wonder if this is so disjointed because there are too many cooks. WWE, for all its faults, always feels like one man's vision. ECW did. WCW did to a point, though the lower card stuff always felt more free. TNA sometimes did but sometimes felt like a sketch show. AEW has a bit of that so far. I genuinely think they're responsible for some of the best pro-wrestling of the year, in the ring and in these skits and interviews. But at the other end of the scale, you've got some utter tripe.

You clearly need variety in a show but not to the ppoint where it feels like you've turned the channel over half way through.

7 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Bob Holly rule is in effect as regards this. If Bob Holly acted like Janela did, would you defend him?

I would fully lose respect for Bob Holly if there was a video of him shitting himself when confronted by Enzo.Ā 

Ā 

It is what it is, Janela bitched out. I donā€™t care if he bitched out because he was too pissed to fight, how it could effect his position inĀ AEW or because he thought he would get his head smashed in. Fact is he bottled it when faced with an actual fight. That isnā€™t a good look for someone portraying themselves as an ultraviolent nutter.

Is there anyone on the AEW roster who wouldnā€™t have backed down from Enzo? Pentagon, Mox,Ā Jericho andĀ Luchasaurus? Maybe a few of the Joshi girlsĀ 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

I don't know what the fuck is going on with the tag title tournament.

I get the impression they don't either. They want to do a tournament, want to say "wins and losses matter", so want all the tag matches pre-tournament to feel important, but haven't figured out a way to do that without having to eliminate every other team. It was one thing that struck me at their last show - they seem terrified of anyone actuallyĀ losing. And making wins matter is only half the battle, losses need to matter too.Ā 

5 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Is there anyone on the AEW roster who wouldnā€™t have backed down from Enzo? Pentagon, Mox,Ā Jericho andĀ Luchasaurus? Maybe a few of the Joshi girlsĀ 

I'd hope all of them would have been smart enough to not give the jumped up prick the time of day, to be honest.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

80's/90's iwrestledabearonce Bob Holly? Tough question. I'd defend him no matter what he did, he's a tough scary man.

59 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

It is what it is, Janela bitched out. I donā€™t care if he bitched out because he was too pissed to fight, how it could effect his position inĀ AEW or because he thought he would get his head smashed in. Fact is he bottled it when faced with an actual fight. That isnā€™t a good look for someone portraying themselves as an ultraviolent nutter.

You are aware that pro wrestling isn't real, right? You can be a bad ass inside the ring whilst being a pacifist outside. This isn't the 80's any more, no matter how bad you want it to be that way.

8 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

You are aware that pro wrestling isn't real, right? You can be a bad ass inside the ring whilst being a pacifist outside. This isn't the 80's any more, no matter how bad you want it to be that way.

He isnā€™t a pacifist, I watched a mini doc about him where he brags about how he would always get wasted and get into fights. However it turns out he wonā€™t fight anyone capable of giving him a punch back, which makes him a bitch.

It is possible toĀ walk away from a fight like a badass, thatā€™s not what happened here.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

He isnā€™t a pacifist, I watched a mini doc about him where he brags about how he would always get wasted and get into fights. However it turns out he wonā€™t fight anyone capable of giving him a punch back, which makes him a bitch.

It is possible toĀ walk away from a fight like a badass, thatā€™s not what happened here.

You watched a doc that was a few years old, back when he was still growing as a person, immature and living on the seat of his pants. People change their viewpoints for the better, and Joey clearly has if he decided to back down from a pointless scuffle with a human-blackhole likeĀ Enzo.

This whole "walking away like a badass" and calling him a bitch, I've all ready discussed that in my previous posts. It's bullshit, Kat.

Edited by Accident Prone

1 hour ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Fact is he bottled it when faced with an actual fight. That isnā€™t a good look for someone portraying themselves as an ultraviolent nutter.

I remember seeing JCVD at a Con this one time, and a drunken fan asked him if he thought he could beat him up for real. Van Damme didn't even pay him any attention and just kept on doing what he was doing.

I thought at the time "not a good look for someone who portrays themselves as half man/half machine who can abseil down walls really fast and who dusted Andrei Arlovski, Bill Goldberg and Dolph Lundgren in hand to hand combat."