AEW Fight For The Fallen

tiger_rick

11 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Aids ridden graphic here. Looks like a six man tag, no "vs" next to the names and that caption above it. Three teams are wrestling for an opportunity at a first round bye? What a shit show.

D_OSXO1XYAE1xyh.png

So that's the 3 guys on the left v the two guys and the girl on the right, right?

...and the stipulation confuses me... the winners don't get a bye, they get an opportunity at a bye?.... what's the opportunity? 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Coward of the county fought back though, he didn’t shit his pants at a gig. 

BIG difference between backing down from a fight at a gig and taking on some bastards who had just took a toil on your wife.

COTC's dad would've fought Enzo at a gig. COTC would've fought Enzo, Cass and Carmella after they'd taken liberties with his missus.

19 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

So that's the 3 guys on the left v the two guys and the girl on the right, right?

...and the stipulation confuses me... the winners don't get a bye, they get an opportunity at a bye?.... what's the opportunity? 

another match, where the winnmers get the bye as far as I can gather.

it's very convoluted. 

23 minutes ago, David said:

I remember seeing JCVD at a Con this one time, and a drunken fan asked him if he thought he could beat him up for real. Van Damme didn't even pay him any attention and just kept on doing what he was doing.

Well if Van Damme had been running his mouth off at the fan online before hand, than started falling over himself backing away while looking like a deer in the headlights, this might be comparable.

Van Damme handled that like a badass who doesn’t want to fight by the sounds of it. If Joey had done the same I’d be saying fair play. 

I don’t even care that Joey flapped it, just responding to the weird defence of how he responded 

Kenny Rogers was a guest on the Frank Skinner show once and Frank was saying how he went to his concert.  He asked why he performed songs not in their entirety and missed out verses.  Rogers said it was to fit as many songs in as he could and seemed impressed that Skinner had noticed.  Frank said he pointed it out because he missed out the key verses in COTC, so he went from a meek little man into a stone cold killer for no reason whatsoever.  The Gambler was laughing and said he hadn't picked up on that before.

Might as well be hung for a sheep than a lamb, Janela already had the shame of being pictured at a Blink 182 gig so he had nothing to lose by getting stuck in, now he has the double shame of being at a Blink 182 gig and bottling it.

• Paid Members

Yeah, that match graphic for the triple threat is both a confusing mess and so is the stipulation. I get that they're just trying to build a tag division and confirm names for All Out, but it could be done much simpler.

On the Blink 182 front, I was at a Taking Back Sunday gig the other week and the most of the folk there were in their 30's. Dudes like bands from their formative teenage years and will go and see them. I lost my mind at TBS, I thought the night would never end! It was glorious.

There's better pop-punk bands than Blink, just like there's better rock bands than the Foo Fighters, but they form the basis of most pop-punk/modern rock fan bases, so most people will like them enough to go to their shows.

20 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

..but they're not saying the winners get a bye... they're saying the winners get the opportunity at a bye...

no I know. the winners of this match get another match, the winners of that match get a bye.

• Awards Moderator
4 minutes ago, Ricc1PW said:

no I know. the winners of this match get another match, the winners of that match get a bye.

So you have to win two matches to get a chance to miss one match? But if you were just in the tournament, you'd still have to win two matches to get to the same point? Now I'm confused as well.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

So you have to win two matches to get a chance to miss one match? But if you were just in the tournament, you'd still have to win two matches to get to the same point? Now I'm confused as well.

But the alternative is you win this match and get nothing anyway because there are no stakes.

Would have been better to just announce these as ranking or seeding matches and then give the seeds a first round bye come October.