Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
44 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

As much as I like him, Starmer has to go. Any other leader would be 20 points ahead etc. 

Starmer is centrist and isn’t being crucified by the right wing press (to my knowledge, at least yet). Starmer might actually stand a chance of winning the next General Election. Our country is also still plagued by Stockholm Syndrome and people who think Boris is a jolly fellow and a great PM so it’s going to take time for them to stop voting Tory.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
9 minutes ago, LCJ said:

Starmer is centrist and isn’t being crucified by the right wing press (to my knowledge, at least yet). Starmer might actually stand a chance of winning the next General Election. Our country is also still plagued by Stockholm Syndrome and people who think Boris is a jolly fellow and a great PM so it’s going to take time for them to stop voting Tory.

Sadly true. I was in a meeting this week about future plans, and the person leading the meeting finished by saying that "Boris is doing his best for us"... I think part of my brain shut down, I couldn't even react.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, LCJ said:

Starmer is centrist and isn’t being crucified by the right wing press (to my knowledge, at least yet). Starmer might actually stand a chance of winning the next General Election

Here is the thing. When was the last time this country actually voted for a left wing Labour party at a General Election. I'd guess it would be 1974, which is nearly 50 years ago now. Since then it has been Tories or Blair that have won. This current bunch are the furthest to the right but '74 was the last time we had a strongly left leaning win. 

It is not possible to get elected in this country any further out than centre-left any more. I'm not a fan of Starmer but he is as left wing as it gets while having any chance of beating the Tories. 

Posted
43 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

It is not possible to get elected in this country any further out than centre-left any more. I'm not a fan of Starmer but he is as left wing as it gets while having any chance of beating the Tories. 

I couldn’t agree more. This country just won’t embrace socialism.

Posted
11 minutes ago, LCJ said:

I couldn’t agree more. This country just won’t embrace socialism.

Except when it suits and isn’t called socialism, such as the NHS, emergency services etc. 

  • Members
Posted
3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Except when it suits and isn’t called socialism, such as the NHS, emergency services etc. 

Fucking THIS. 

Can't find the thread now but someone was talking about how even an idea such as the NHS would not be voted in today. And its true, which is so fucking mental when you think about it. 

 

Posted
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Can't find the thread now but someone was talking about how even an idea such as the NHS would not be voted in today. And its true, which is so fucking mental when you think about it. 

 

“Why should MY money go towards treating other people?”, would be the kind of attitude.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, LCJ said:

“Why should MY money go towards treating brown/foreign people?”, would be the kind of attitude.

Fixed for accuracy. 

Edit. 

And benefits cheats of course. 

Edited by The King Of Swing
Posted

Is anyone on here a Socialist? I am, just curious to know if there are any others. I know as a group we tend to be mainly Left Wing (apart from the Tory cunts). 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Is anyone on here a Socialist? I am, just curious to know if there are any others. I know as a group we tend to be mainly Left Wing (apart from the Tory cunts). 

Start a thread. Let’s keep the sanctity of this thread to calling tories cunts. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...