deathrey Posted July 13, 2022 Posted July 13, 2022 I think Truss and Sunak will be the last two standing. I'm unsure as to who I think will win between the two when it goes to an all party vote but something is making me think Sunak. Quote
David Posted July 14, 2022 Posted July 14, 2022 12 hours ago, deathrey said: I think Truss and Sunak will be the last two standing. I'm unsure as to who I think will win between the two when it goes to an all party vote but something is making me think Sunak. I'm still thinking Sunak gets it. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted July 14, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 14, 2022 Mordaunt is getting the Mail support so I think she'll make the last 2. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 14, 2022 Moderators Posted July 14, 2022 I think Truss has some negative associations and is too divisive for the membership. Can't see her making it all the way. Quote
Guest Posted July 14, 2022 Posted July 14, 2022 Mordaunt has said she wants to cut taxes for lower incomes and small business and it's not the time for tax cuts for the wealthy, so she'll be out before the end of the day. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted July 14, 2022 Posted July 14, 2022 9 minutes ago, Merzbow said: She'll be branded a socialist before tea. And it will only be talked about on Twitter. Quote
Loki Posted July 14, 2022 Posted July 14, 2022 Liz Truss is the Johnson continuity candidate so there’s a big push amongst his allies to get her into the final 2. If she does I think she’ll win, which will be a disaster as she’s genuinely thick. If Mordaunt pips her then to be honest went got the two least objectionable candidates through which is a good result. I just don’t think the rank and file members will vote in a coloured candidate. Plus Sunak is very short. Quote
stewdogg Posted July 14, 2022 Posted July 14, 2022 35 minutes ago, Loki said: Liz Truss is the Johnson continuity candidate so there’s a big push amongst his allies to get her into the final 2. If she does I think she’ll win, which will be a disaster as she’s genuinely thick. If Mordaunt pips her then to be honest went got the two least objectionable candidates through which is a good result. I just don’t think the rank and file members will vote in a coloured candidate. Plus Sunak is very short. Out of interest what's wrong with the other candidates? Apart from being Tories Quote
Keith Houchen Posted July 14, 2022 Posted July 14, 2022 1 hour ago, Loki said: coloured candidate. Quote
Guest Posted July 14, 2022 Posted July 14, 2022 (edited) 2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said: And it will only be talked about on Twitter. Tory papers don't count. I don't think there will be a problem with Sunaks race. People will go "those Asian fellas are so hard working and good with money. Plus he's so well spoken!" It's still racism, but it won't do any harm to his chances Edited July 14, 2022 by Duke Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted July 14, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 14, 2022 (edited) They're about to announce the next round. I reckon Braverman, Tugencock and Badenoch are out. EDIT: One out of three ain't bad, as Meatloaf nearly sang. Edited July 14, 2022 by gmoney Quote
Keith Houchen Posted July 14, 2022 Posted July 14, 2022 Scratch a liberal and a Tory bleeds etc Quote
David Posted July 14, 2022 Posted July 14, 2022 (edited) 25 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: Scratch a liberal and a Tory bleeds etc Evidence, if ever it was needed, that it's a job to these types more than anything else. We all hear them talk about values and suchlike, but they adjust what they say to better their chances of being elected and getting further ahead career-wise. They're like footballers in bad suits with rubbish haircuts in all honesty. Edited July 14, 2022 by David Quote
Paid Members Chunk Posted July 14, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 14, 2022 On 7/8/2022 at 6:06 PM, Keith Houchen said: Interestingly, it appears that the domain name for Sunaks leadership bid was registered six months ago. Where did you read that? Whois says it was registered last Wednesday: Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.