All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

4 hours ago, David said:

I agree with most of what you say on here, but I think in this instance you're misreading and simplifying the Brexit demographic.

For clarity, I’m not on about leave voters. Not every leave supporter is a racist but I’m confident every racist is a leave supporter. (EDIT - Remembered Theresa May was a remain voter and she’s racist so will say “Overwhelming majority” as opposed to “Every”)And those people don’t want to stop with the EU. Are they OK with brown and black immigrants? Nope. They are the kind who wish for days of Empire but don’t want the empires subjects to come here. 

I don’t think a lot of right wingers like the idea of a non white person being better than them. Sure, they like the good immigrant who knows his place. But I’d be surprised if they’d be happy with a wealthy brown man in charge. 

Ideally for me, Sunak wins, people voice “Legitimate concerns” and Farage comes back to get the populist vote. But I think the tories are too much of a populist party these days for that to change overnight. That’s why I don’t think their voters will accept a non white PM

Edited by Keith Houchen

I guess this is all anecdotal because it is based on my personal experience and obviously is not representative of what all brown people/immigrants have experienced.

I come from what can probably be classed as an upper middle class family, I grew up in a predominately white area. For many many years we were the only non-white family within a 1 mile radius. Most our neighbours were lovely but there were a couple of households that would just not speak to us because of our skin colour, made comments when we played out etc and were generally arseholes to us for no reason. My experiences of racism literally ramped up the morning of the leave vote being announced and I was living in a very multicultural area at the time, as far as I'm aware, there aren't many brown people that are indigenously Romanian/Bulgarian/Polish etc. We are just others that aren't welcome by the racist 'leave' contingent and the comments I've had, show they see us all as one 'other' lump. When it comes to an actual General Election, these are the people who would need to vote a brown man in as PM and I just can't see that happening. I think there is a large contingent of the Tory party that is also aware of this and surely that would play a part in their voting strategy for leadership? Are Sunak/Javid/Zadhawi honestly going to be voted in by the public? Do I gamble my vote on them?

On the point that racism isn't so much an issue for the elite/super rich as they only see money, my experience of that is that it's not the case at all. I have some very, very, very wealthy relatives, they have experienced far more racism in their elite private schools than I ever did in my bog standard state school, even though my schools have always been very white. I just used to get people assuming I was related to every brown person they ever met, but my wealthy cousins had some vile behaviour directed at them. I have relatives that live in a very elite street, gated neighbourhood etc. Their house was decorated and designed by Gianni Versace (so that gives you an idea of the kind of money they have) they are the only people I know that had the front of their house defaced - someone spray painted 'Pakis' along with other racist crap in red paint across the front  of the walls and gates - they have a security guard that patrols the street and only people that live there and guests of theirs can gain access so it must have been a neighbour. Being rich doesnt protect you from racism at all in my experience, maybe just from the police.

Edited by deathrey

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Sorry you and your family have to go through that. It’s horrific. 

Thank you, I accept it's part of life and everyone has something that makes them victim. On the whole I've been very fortunate so I have nothing to complain about - I was just trying to illustrate a point, which I hope I did despite my long windedness

• Paid Members

Love that from Jonnie Peacock, a sound lad. 

That video will almost definitely be taken down at some stage - some of the sporting footage included is incredibly difficult to get rights to for usage from the respective rights holders and unless she's paid an absolutely mighty sum, those sports clips have been ripped from other sites. I don't think it would even cover fair use as it isn't being shown in an educational and commentary-style context, and even then you'd run into fair use issues. 

So it'll either be taken down and re-cut, or she'll do what 90% of the members will eventually do and abandon their plans for leadership altogether, taking a cushty job in someone's cabinet and throwing their 'full support' behind the new leader. 

• Paid Members

Hopefully she doesn't distract Starmer too much at PMQs with crossing and uncrossing her legs

A friend of mine was banned from Twitter for calling Esther McVey a cunt. McVey is his local MP (Tatton - generally a rich part of Cheshire). The only time I recall anyone other than a Tory MP being elected there was when Martin Bell was elected as an Independent after Neil Hamilton took cash for questions in Parliament.