All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Well we're all potential voters, so it probably does matter a little bit. 

Not really. He could be the best man for the job by a country a mile, but the blue rosette on his chest means that most people on here would rather spend a night on the town with Boycie than scribble an "x" next to his name on a voting paper.

• Paid Members

Presumably this is following all the backlash over the Penny Mordaunt video. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, David said:

Not really. He could be the best man for the job by a country a mile, but the blue rosette on his chest means that most people on here would rather spend a night on the town with Boycie than scribble an "x" next to his name on a voting paper.

I'll have you know that I'm a delight to spend a night on the town with young man.

32 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I'll have you know that I'm a delight to spend a night on the town with young man.

Of course I meant Boydy (I'm sure that was his name, but the fact autocorrect changed it is confusing, as I have never used the name Boycie apart from Only Fools references on my phone) but seeing as you're from Ipswich the point still stands.

Unless you're footing the bill for a return ticket from Woodbridge to the big smoke, of course. I could be convinced then.

• Paid Members

David's right though, surely.

He, or any of these candidates, need to win over the conservative party. From what I can tell there's not many (or any) in this thread or on this forum so we don't matter here.

When it comes to a GE they'll need to win over swing voters who would go conservative, again I get the impression there aren't many here they would scoop up, people who vote on policy seem more left leaning and wouldn't swing that far right and others are entrenched in backing, or anti backing, based on the party ethos or name.

It's not going to be as popular as "lol David" but ultimately I accept I don't really matter to any of these candidates because I'm not who they need to win over to be leader, or even to win a general election because they'll never put out policy and rhetoric I'll vote for.

I'm affected, because they'll become PM, but that doesn't mean I'm thier target in this campaign.

Edited by Tommy!

16 hours ago, LCJ said:

A friend of mine was banned from Twitter for calling Esther McVey a cunt. McVey is his local MP (Tatton - generally a rich part of Cheshire). The only time I recall anyone other than a Tory MP being elected there was when Martin Bell was elected as an Independent after Neil Hamilton took cash for questions in Parliament.

I had my twitter account suspended at the weekend for hateful conduct. My tweet wasn't so much calling Andrea Jenkyns a cunt (I actually said she wasn't a cunt because cunts are great), but I likened her to athletes foot. 

Apparently this violated the following rules:

You may not promote violence against or directly attack or threaten other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, caste, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease. We also do not allow accounts whose primary purpose is inciting harm towards others on the basis of these categories.

I'm baffled because I definitely didn't break any of those rules. Interestingly though, my new twitter account is called 'Fck the Tories' with the handle @torycnts. This appears to be acceptable. 

11 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I'm affected, because they'll become PM, but that doesn't mean I'm thier target in this campaign.

I do agree, but the general election will be at the forefront of the selection process. So the two candidates put forward for selection will be reflected in that. I think that Tory membership is probably not as far to the right as the current government and a lot of Tory MPs know their jobs are on the line, so they will select the final candidates accordingly. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

I had my twitter account suspended at the weekend for hateful conduct. My tweet wasn't so much calling Andrea Jenkyns a cunt (I actually said she wasn't a cunt because cunts are great), but I likened her to athletes foot. 

Apparently this violated the following rules:

You may not promote violence against or directly attack or threaten other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, caste, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease. We also do not allow accounts whose primary purpose is inciting harm towards others on the basis of these categories.

I'm baffled because I definitely didn't break any of those rules. Interestingly though, my new twitter account is called 'Fck the Tories' with the handle @torycnts. This appears to be acceptable. 

That's your problem right there in bold. Athlete's foot isn't to be taken lightly.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I do agree, but the general election will be at the forefront of the selection process. So the two candidates put forward for selection will be reflected in that. I think that Tory membership is probably not as far to the right as the current government and a lot of Tory MPs know their jobs are on the line, so they will select the final candidates accordingly. 

That's true, but you're looking at the electorate from the left and they're looking at them from the right, as it were.

Sunak is the frontrunner at the mo because, at least in part, he's been the heir apparent for years and his defenestration looked like he was pushed no10. That he's talking a lot about hard truths will win over a lot of  proper tories and shy tories. 

This is all pretty small beer, though. What's a bigger deal is the constitutional implications of, essentially, a 9 year old yelling "nuh-uh, everything proof shield" at everything that's being thrown at them. The fact that he's still in number 10 at this moment is pants on head insane, but no one seems to be doing anything about it. We've not had a Prime Minister both enter and leave office through election since pre-Thatcher, and the latest one has started claiming presidential mandates. Our system is way too built on convention and honour and needs to be sorted sharpish. 

• Paid Members

Got to laugh at Grant Shapps sitting at 100/1 for the job, miles behind people who either haven’t declared or unequivocally stated that they won’t. 

I’ve got a score on Tugendhat, got him at 18/1 but I’m now thinking it’ll be Mordaunt and Sunak in the final two and not sure what way it’ll go after that.

Edited by stumobir

1 hour ago, Duke said:

The fact that he's still in number 10 at this moment is pants on head insane, but no one seems to be doing anything about it. 

I remember when he got sacked as Foreign Secretary and moved out of the grace and favour abode almost right away and didn’t have to be dragged out a month or so later, officer. 

2 hours ago, Duke said:

The fact that he's still in number 10 at this moment is pants on head insane, but no one seems to be doing anything about it.

They need to start charging the prick rent, that would make him rethink his situation no doubt.

Edited by David