All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

5 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It's certainly an ethnically diverse lineup for the leadership election. 

Cunts of all colours. 

2 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

Rishi is an anagram of Irish

Rishi Sunak is an anagram of hi risk anus. 

31 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It's certainly an ethnically diverse lineup for the leadership election. 

I've never seen such a colourful run of candidates. I do wonder what made them all feel that the Tories are the party for them? Apart from Rishi Moneybags.

• Paid Members

So Alexander was shagging another young Tory lass with promises of a decent job if she did (which she didn't), and there's a foul mouthed recording of him years later with her during the MeToo movement where she aired her concerns to him.

This recording needs to be in the public arena for all to hear. And should have been made public YEARS ago.

And Malthouse may need to answer questions as to why he thought this behaviour was ok to cover up!

On 7/8/2022 at 6:24 PM, LaGoosh said:

Why?

Because he's extremely well spoken, and from what I've seen of him is a savvy operator. He's a "proper politician" and I think he'll fare well with the public, especially with the backing of the right wing media.

On 7/8/2022 at 5:40 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Dunno. He got fined like Johnson did so that’s massively against him. Plus he is shit, and of course, he may be the wealthiest MP but he isn’t the whitest. 

I don't know if skin colour really comes into it. This isn't the BNP or UKIP. When it comes to the money classes it's all about what you can do for them. They tend to focus on wealth, and for as many shortcomings as they have, they recognise someone who can help them preserve their status and financial clout. 

Sunak is a guy who can do exactly that.

As for those further down the class ladder? Well, once the money men and the media buy into someone they usually don't have much problem selling him to the public. Actual racists aren't all that smart. It doesn't take much to convince them that "them parasites we're shipping off to Rwanda are scumbags, but that Sunak lad is alright. Proper British. If every immigrant was like his parents...yadda, yadda, yadda."

It's also worth remembering that Johnson was ousted by his actual party, not the public. If he'd stayed and there was another general election I'm not all that convinced he'd lose to Starmer. Even with all the shit he did. I just don't think Britain is ready to shift to the left any time soon.

The mistake many seem to make is by using Twitter and other forms of social media as a gauge of how things really are, which isn't normally the case. Which is why the left are routinely gobsmacked when an election happens and the result that the Twitter echo chamber assured them of doesn't come to pass.

I still favour Sunak. I did think Ben Wallace would be a potential runner, but he's apparently angling for a top position at NATO.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, David said:

I don't know if skin colour really comes into it. This isn't the BNP or UKIP. When it comes to the money classes it's all about what you can do for them. They tend to focus on wealth, and for as many shortcomings as they have, they recognise someone who can help them preserve their status and financial clout. 

Sunak is a guy who can do exactly that.

As for those further down the class ladder? Well, once the money men and the media buy into someone they usually don't have much problem selling him to the public. Actual racists aren't all that smart. It doesn't take much to convince them that "them parasites we're shipping off to Rwanda are scumbags, but that Sunak lad is alright. Proper British. If every immigrant was like his parents...yadda, yadda, yadda."

This is one of those things that it's really not that easy to make any kind of definitive assessment of, because there are too many intangibles and variables which rely on assumptions about what people are thinking at the micro-level.

The Tories may not be BNP or UKIP, but this iteration of them is the most right-wing and racist version of them, because of the hard reset they got in 2019, where they got rid of the "soft" Tories, and basically re-absorbed all the voter base they'd lost to UKIP and the Brexit Party initially. If Farage lost his appeal to this lot, it's because the Tories appealed to them more. It's also important to remember that BJ was being advised by Steve Bannon through a lot of this.

However, Sunak would be an easier sell than, say, Zahawi, because:

1. He's not Muslim, which seems to be one of the heaviest influences in the hierarchy of modern British racism these days. Bear in mind also that even the BNP welcomed a Sikh grandad into their number back in the day

2. He is, as you say, the "wealth man" - people will remember him as the guy who set up the furlough scheme. He also comes across as business-like and brisk

3. He's light-skinned - this doesn't seem like much, but colourism is one of the more under-observed influences in racism that has only relatively recently had any kind of significant discussion

4. He's quite "neutral" in the way he presents himself - he's not blustery or buffoonish like Johnson, he's not snide and slimy like Rees-Mogg or Gove, he doesn't come across as a headcase like Dorries or Francois, and he seems human enough not to seem like Raab.

I still think there are a number of white candidates that will get the nod ahead of him, but it's not cut and dried, as you say.

One thing that really irritates me about all this is how the Labour party (and, previously, the Liberal party) have really let the side down on this front over the years. The Tories, the party of the fucking Right Club and the League of Empire Loyalists, are also the only party who've had a Jewish prime minister, two women, and, potentially, the first ethnic minority one.

Nearest Labour ever had was Margaret Beckett, and she was temporary. They really need to start getting their act together on this front, it's really quite disgraceful. It's not like there haven't been good candidates for the job either.

EDIT: Yes, I know Disraeli was a long time ago, and the Tories back then were a different beast to the Conservatives now, but that partly serves my point: it's such a fucking low bar to beat, and Labour haven't even done that.

Edited by Carbomb

1 hour ago, David said:

I don't know if skin colour really comes into it. This isn't the BNP or UKIP.

It kind of is though, the reason the two parties you mention aren’t relevant any more is because their old voters now vote Tory. Because the tories have marched so much to the right that the policies and ideology of BNP and UKIP are now Tory policy and ideology. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

The Tories, the party of the fucking Right Club and the League of Empire Loyalists, are also the only party who've had a Jewish prime minister, two women, and, potentially, the first ethnic minority one.

And a pig fucker.

10 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

he's not snide and slimy like Rees-Mogg or Gove

Hard disagree. He’s the smarmiest cunt on the front bench. Truly unlikeable. As pointed out, it’ll be interesting how Sunak is portrayed in the media given how his former boss and mentor at Goldman Sachs is now BBC Chairman. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Hard disagree. He’s the smarmiest cunt on the front bench. Truly unlikeable. As pointed out, it’ll be interesting how Sunak is portrayed in the media given how his former boss and mentor at Goldman Sachs is now BBC Chairman. 

Sorry, didn't mean to say he wasn't smarmy at all - he's a Tory, they're mostly headcases or shnites - but in comparison to those oleaginous shitehawks, he doesn't compare the same. Mind you, I suppose it could be argued that the fact he plays it more low-key makes him even slimier, from a certain angle.

43 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

This is one of those things that it's really not that easy to make any kind of definitive assessment of, because there are too many intangibles and variables which rely on assumptions about what people are thinking at the micro-level.

The Tories may not be BNP or UKIP, but this iteration of them is the most right-wing and racist version of them, because of the hard reset they got in 2019, where they got rid of the "soft" Tories, and basically re-absorbed all the voter base they'd lost to UKIP and the Brexit Party initially. If Farage lost his appeal to this lot, it's because the Tories appealed to them more. It's also important to remember that BJ was being advised by Steve Bannon through a lot of this.

All good points, but again, I'm not talking about the lower end of the public that will cast their vote, I'm more talking about the party itself. I've often argued that when you get to a certain level of wealth you see less racism and more classism. You're right, there is a distrust of Muslims though, which works in Sunak's favour.

As I said, the lower end of the voting scale, as in the people who used to vote UKIP and Brexit Party etc will be brought onside by the right-wing media when the time is right. The "them parasites we're shipping off to Rwanda are scumbags, but that Sunak lad is alright. Proper British. If every immigrant was like his parents etc" line won't be difficult to peddle. 

He's already setting the scene for that in his announcement video, isn't he? It'll also give those with racist views the opportunity to say "I'm not racist, I like Rishi and voted for him."

But again, the lower end of the ladder isn't all that much of a concern at the moment. Whoever they get into the chair will immediately be backed by the media and the narrative will be created that keeps enough of those voters onside. Not all of them, of course, but enough of them. It helps that Labour really do have nothing to offer in return.

40 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It kind of is though, the reason the two parties you mention aren’t relevant any more is because their old voters now vote Tory. Because the tories have marched so much to the right that the policies and ideology of BNP and UKIP are now Tory policy and ideology. 

I honestly don't agree. I think there's nuances at play, such as the notion that while the right-wing Tory voter isn't keen on refugees who come here on little boats across the water, they don't have an issue with wealthy ones who arrive on private jets. Again, it's classism for me, more than racism. The main difference is that the boat dweller is coming here to take, as far as they're concerned. They're portrayed as dangerous criminals who will add nothing to society.

There will be racist cunts out there, they aren't ever going to go away. As Tony Gazzo tells Balboa in Rocky when his driver is giving him grief, "some men, they just hate for no reason, capiche?" but I don't think they ever really exist in big enough numbers to force their views on a party capable of winning an election and governing the country.

Don't get me wrong, racism plays a part, but it's more to do with class than anything else. A Tory will more often than not prefer a wealthy British born Indian over a blonde haired, blue eyed Polish immigrant, for example.

30 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah, but you're not his audience. He isn't interested in chasing your vote. You're going to think anyone who's associated with the Tory party is a cunt, so it's a bit like asking Tory Tobias what he thinks of Corbyn. 

Edited by David

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah: to you. You're not going to vote conservative whoever they put up. 

To their members (who probably aren't the people who went to UKIP, out of loyalty), he's the straight talking, sensible money guy. He's been high profile long enough that they won't be bothered by his skin colour, he's not like.them other ones.

Edit: David, as always, the one talking sense

Edited by Duke

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, David said:

Because he's extremely well spoken

Really? Every time I've ever seen him speak he sounds like a fucking alien from another planet and completely unable to talk to or relate to another human being in a normal way.

28 minutes ago, David said:

You're going to think anyone who's associated with the Tory party is a cunt

And I’d be correct. 

24 minutes ago, Duke said:

To their members (who probably aren't the people who went to UKIP, out of loyalty), he's the straight talking, sensible money guy

And, much like Labour and Corbyn, the party membership are a tiny percentage of the electorate. The people who went to UKIP / Brexit Party and vote in elections would prefer a white man. And their numbers are substantial enough to play a part. Obviously there’s a cult of personality at play but Farage holds a decent amount of sway. If the Tory party alienate that part of the voter base and he comes back, it’ll harm their vote and they know it. 

This leadership campaign is the start of the election campaign. It’s going to be interesting to see what happens from here that’s for sure. 

19 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Really? Every time I've ever seen him speak he sounds like a fucking alien from another planet and completely unable to talk to or relate to another human being in a normal way.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I think he comes across as well-spoken and should certainly appeal to the type of person he's looking to win votes from. 

Which is basically no one on this forum, so what we think of him isn't all that relevant in the grand scheme of things. 

8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The people who went to UKIP / Brexit Party and vote in elections would prefer a white man.

Those people wanted us out of the EU. How many nations in the EU are predominantly non-white? Has the EU ever had a non-white leader? I heard tons of chatter about Poles, Czechs, Romanians, Bulgarians and so on. 

I agree with most of what you say on here, but I think in this instance you're misreading and simplifying the Brexit demographic. Their issue, for the most part, wasn't with skin colour. It was with foreigners. And even then it was with foreigners who they believed were coming here to undercut wages or do nothing and live off the state. 

I think the accusations of racism during the Brexit debate was misplaced and actually counter-productive, and it's the same here. For upper class Tories it's all about class, and for the Brexit-voting public it's about a pro-British nationalist agenda. And if that agenda is coming from a Southampton-born individual of Indian descent I don't think that matters to anyone but the most fringe members.

Just my opinion, mind.