All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Just when the Tories are at their weakest, you can always rely on Labour to start eating each other.

Ok google, define "broad coalitions"

Edited by Duke

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Duke said:

Just when the Tories are at their weakest, you can always rely on Labour to start eating each other.

Yep, as soon as Rebecca Long Bailey stuck her rat face above the parapet you knew some shit was coming.

You'd think she'd be content after handing the Tories an 80 seat majority. Seemingly more work to do.

Tories seem to have figured out to get what you want you have to be in power first. People on the left will talk about 'spoiling their ballot'....'being politically homeless' etc whilst Tories will largely suck it up and save those battles for later.

Priorities innit 

13 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

What is the actual fucking point of Labour if they’re anti union. Worse of it is shit like this will  probably score him points. 

I'm not convinced that it will. He's very unlikely to get the Daily Mail or Sun on side, so there's no win in that respect. He might win over a few right-leaning voters, but equally that might be off-set by people who aren't anti-union looking elsewhere. That's absolutely killed any chance of me voting Labour in the next UK election (I'd likely have voted SNP anyway, to be fair, given my views on independence) and it would, as self-destructive as it might sound, have likely stopped me from voting Labour during the next UK election if I lived in England, in favour of the Greens. I obviously don't want to see the Tories in power for another term, but I feel quite strongly about reversing the course Labour is currently on. Far-right vs. light-right is not how I want Westminster politics to be. 

• Paid Members

37 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

Yep, as soon as Rebecca Long Bailey stuck her rat face above the parapet you knew some shit was coming.

You'd think she'd be content after handing the Tories an 80 seat majority. Seemingly more work to do.

I appear to have accidentally entered a Guardian comments section.

• Paid Members
Just now, Devon Malcolm said:

I appear to have accidentally entered a Guardian comments section.

Doesn't make it untrue though, regardless of how much you'd prefer it not to be.

Straight after the biggest electoral defeat in lifetime RLB was declaring we needed 'more of the same' and that although Labour took a kicking we still 'won the argument'. She's the epitome of an idealogue fuckwit, the leftqs equivalent of Peter fucking Bone.

• Paid Members
Just now, Dead Mike said:

Doesn't make it untrue though, regardless of how much you'd prefer it not to be.

Straight after the biggest electoral defeat in lifetime RLB was declaring we needed 'more of the same' and that although Labour took a kicking we still 'won the argument'. She's the epitome of an idealogue fuckwit, the leftqs equivalent of Peter fucking Bone.

OK Ian Dunt.

• Paid Members

I know it's not the Kier Starmer Is A Cunt thread, but it's such an obviously calculated decision to not support the strikes, in the hope that he will "capture the public mood" or that the papers will see him as a better choice than whoever the Tories pick, and he's too fucking useless to realise that not only is it obvious to anyone with half a brain what he's doing, but that the press will eat him alive for the tiniest infraction just by dint of being Labour leader anyway. 

Aside from risking losing funding from unions, it's absolutely bonkers for a supposedly left-wing party to, within the same week, publicly oppose nationalisation of utilities and come out against industrial action, both at the midst of a major cost of living crisis, and then still go back to their focus groups and wring their hands about losing the support of the working class.

1 hour ago, Dead Mike said:

People on the left will talk about 'spoiling their ballot'....'being politically homeless' etc whilst Tories will largely suck it up and save those battles for later.

Priorities innit 

Why would I vote for a party that are miles away politically from where I am? And why must it be this particular one? There’s a real arrogance from some Labour quarters thinking they’re entitled to your vote if you hate tories, they have to earn my vote just like everyone else. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

Why would I vote for a party that are miles away politically from where I am? And why must it be this particular one? There’s a real arrogance from some Labour quarters thinking they’re entitled to your vote if you hate tories, they have to earn my vote just like everyone else. 

Cool. As long as you realise that this helps the Tories.

Like I said, its all about priorities. 

Just now, Dead Mike said:

Cool. As long as you realise that this helps the Tories.

Like I said, its all about priorities. 

Nah not having that. How does not voting Tory help the tories. And why must it be Labour? Why not Lib Dem? I mean, same logic applies. If you don’t vote Lib Dem you help the tories. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nah not having that. How does not voting Tory help the tories. And why must it be Labour? Why not Lib Dem? I mean, same logic applies. If you don’t vote Lib Dem you help the tories. 

Because the Lib Dems aren't threatening and will always side with the Tories in a coalition so if your priority is to oust the Tories this doesn't help.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

First past the post is a broken system. If we had something like PR or Single Transferable Vote so that who you vote for actually mattered as opposed to where you cast your vote then our government would probably look so different. Unfortunately Starmer appears to know the system, and is very much on the "look how bad the Tories were: surely we can't be that bad?" as opposed to what the Labour Party was founded on. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

2 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

Because the Lib Dems aren't threatening and will always side with the Tories in a coalition so if your priority is to oust the Tories this doesn't help.

They would be threatening if people realised the only way to get the tories out is to vote Lib Dem. If you don’t vote Lib Dem, you’re a Tory enabler. That’s how it goes.