Things that you know will be shit

Gus Mears

17 minutes ago, deathrey said:

He was a riff on that in Paddington (though excellent in it). I obviously don't watch enough Hugh Grant - I'm ok with that.

He’s one of those guys whose interviews are usually more watchable than his films. 

10 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Does that mean Matt Lucas has been ghost writing David Walliams shit children’s books?

Nah, “Ghost” indicates having a much paler skin. That’s not the direction he goes with altering his skin colour for “comedic value”

• Paid Members

Is it possible to have any worse timing than that?

"When should I start collaborating with David Walliams again? Oh, immediately after quitting a beloved TV show, and after he's been outed as maybe 25% of the wrong'un he actually is, it's not like anything else is going to come out of the woodwork". 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Is it possible to have any worse timing than that?

"When should I start collaborating with David Walliams again? Oh, immediately after quitting a beloved TV show, and after he's been outed as maybe 25% of the wrong'un he actually is, it's not like anything else is going to come out of the woodwork". 

I've always been under the impression Williams started giving lucas the cold shoulder when he didn't need him to make money and lucas has been pinning for him to come back ever since. 

Is that not the case? 

• Paid Members

I don't think Matt Lucas did too badly for himself with his time in Doctor Who, the Fantasy Football League reboot and Bake-off. Maybe they're trying for some kind of Walliams redemption arc where he's hoping that by getting Lucas to play all the problematic characters he won't look as bad by comparison.