Hot Drinks

Chris B

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, NeverYield said:

I drink an outrageous amount of tea through the day, sugars no good to you, I like to keep fit and I don't really like the taste of it either to be honest, in my opinion tea with honey tastes much nicer anyway.

I have bad news for you, and that is that honey is still refined sugar. It's just been refined by a bee.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

3 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I have bad news for you, and that is that honey is still refined sugar. It's just been refined by a bee.

Yeah of course it is but it's still a better taste, a better alternative and healthier for you than a bag of sugar, which as I mentioned I don't like the taste of in my tea anyway. There's numerous natural made things that in copius amounts aren't good for you, but are infinitely better than there artifical and man made counterparts.ย 

If you're eating a real, whole food diet, compared to lots of stuff that is out there you will feel miles better and function better.ย 

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Some absolute wrongun on that Dull Men's Club the other day was trying to advocate for a spoonful of BUTTER in coffee.

Please don't let anyone from here out themselves with similar. I'm having a bad enough day as it is.

Was it my mum by any chance? This is an old Indian woman's remedy to everything, rather clarified butter than regular butter but put it in any hot drink containing milk and it is apparently the answer to pretty much any health problem. Diabetes? Butter in hot milk. Cold? Butter in hot milk. Sore throat? Butter in hot milk. Arthritis? Butter in hot milk. Add a bit of tumeric and it will turn you in to an invincible God.

Not really mate, I still have a takeaway on the weekend and don't avoid snacks I like on the most part, but if you're into you're training or if you compete in a sport then nutrition is vital to how you feel, you don't need to deprive yourself of a packet of crisps to be fit and healthy, that's not sustainable, that's the idea of a balanced diet.ย 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Was it my mum by any chance? This is an old Indian woman's remedy to everything, rather clarified butter than regular butter but put it in any hot drink containing milk and it is apparently the answer to pretty much any health problem. Diabetes? Butter in hot milk. Cold? Butter in hot milk. Sore throat? Butter in hot milk. Arthritis? Butter in hot milk. Add a bit of tumeric and it will turn you in to an invincible God.

Did she ever advise putting ghee on your baby's anus? As that was the home remedy mine advised for constipation...

5 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Did she ever advise putting ghee on your baby's anus? As that was the home remedy mine advised for constipation...

That's hilarious. Mine didn't but she did tell me to drink it in milk for a month leading up to me giving birth as it would make it easier so I'm guessing its a similar 'science'? I think the reaction she would have anticipated from me probably scared her off suggesting it for constipation.

13 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Curing everything with butter? INDIAN!

spacer.png

ย 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Did she ever advise putting ghee on your baby's anus?

If you didn't instantly reply "I'd prefer it on a bap" then who even are you.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

ย 

Me and my mates tried it when this came out. It was absolutely vile. Someone on here (Branquey maybe?) swears blind that itโ€™s delicious.ย