Hot Drinks

Chris B

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

100% the best instant coffee. 

wanky name aside, I go for the Azera Perky Blenders collab and it's bloody lovely. As good an instant coffee as you can get, and better than some "proper coffee" I've had.

We went out at lunchtime today and I decided to have a coffee, now I'm all wired and feel like I've been on some crap drugs and I probably won't be able to sleep tonight. Worst thing is, it tastes shit so wasn't even worth it.

Anyone know how to get caffeine out of your system quickly?

On 1/23/2024 at 12:33 PM, gmoney said:

Not as good as this, obviously. 

Porky-Blinders-on-Market-St.jpg

I’m sorry to have to tell you, but I haven’t seen it the last few times I’ve been down Market St. however, What A Potato! Is still going strong. 

3 minutes ago, gmoney said:

What A Potato! is my favourite, so while I'm sad to hear that Porky Blinders might be Porky Deaders, I'm cheered to hear WAP! (Cardi B endorsed) is going strong. 

I tweeted something along the lines of that and loads of Cardi B fans / bots liked it. 

1 hour ago, deathrey said:

We went out at lunchtime today and I decided to have a coffee, now I'm all wired and feel like I've been on some crap drugs and I probably won't be able to sleep tonight. Worst thing is, it tastes shit so wasn't even worth it.

Don't know but I sympathise. My eldest made banana bread so just came over and we had caramel lattes made with espresso and syrups and now I'm bouncing.

Worst thing is I need to get an early night so wanted to be in bed soon as have to get up at 5.30am!

HERE WE HERE WE HERE WE FUCKING GO!!!

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, deathrey said:

Drink loads of water. Get your kidneys working to process it all. You'll be up and down to the loo all night which ironically, will keep you awake. 

Yeah, I've stared drinking water, I thought that might help flush it out. My 1 year old is going to be the crack of dawn and I'll probably just have fallen asleep so I empathise @SuperBacon. Why are we such idiots?!

Edited by deathrey

Something we’ve been trying recently with fresh coffee is to add a tiny pinch of salt in with the grounds.  It apparently takes a bit of the bitterness away.

I’m not convinced though, I like the bitterness.  But I only drink really heavy roasted anyway.

The real game changer was getting a grinder, fresh ground coffee tastes very different from pre-ground.

2 minutes ago, Loki said:

Something we’ve been trying recently with fresh coffee is to add a tiny pinch of salt in with the grounds.  It apparently takes a bit of the bitterness away.

I've seen this a lot and I don't like it, as it seems weird, salt shouldn't be in a hot drink and same, I like the bitterness.

Some scientist in America did a study and said the same thing about tea. Apparently the perfect cuppa includes a pinch of salt to block out the bitterness, but much like @Loki I like a little bitterness in my tea, it matches my personality.

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, gmoney said:

What A Potato! is my favourite, so while I'm sad to hear that Porky Blinders might be Porky Deaders, I'm cheered to hear WAP! (Cardi B endorsed) is going strong. 

What A Potato! has been there since at least 1999. Porky Blinders (RIP) never stood a chance.