Hot Drinks

Chris B

• Awards Moderator
Just now, FelatioLips said:

The Artisan Coffee Co is where the box is from. He may be ex-director of the Fat Duck Group.

https://www.artisancoffeeco.com/blogs/news/inside-story-ashley-palmer-watts-shares-his-artisan-journey-so-far

Oh I misunderstood, I thought it was all from Kiss The Hippo. Yes that is the same guy (and of course, I've chatted with him before and he is super nice - much easier to talk to than ADHD spokesperson Blumenthal).

• 3 weeks later...

Over the weekend the kids roped me into buying Costa Coffees new offering, a hot milkshake. I can't adequately explain how vile this was, the only good thing being I used a reward on it so I didn't pay.

Imagine hot Angel Delight, which actually sounds really nice, but it's not. It was grim. Even the kids hated it.

I also tried the new Starbucks Almond Biscotti Oat Latte last week, which is wicked. Its like you're drinking a big biscuit. Ralphy/Chris would approve. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Over the weekend the kids roped me into buying Costa Coffees new offering, a hot milkshake. I can't adequately explain how vile this was, the only good thing being I used a reward on it so I didn't pay.

I was unfortunately dropped off at Costa yesterday like a kid at the creche while my wife went round B&M and spent all of our money. The bloke on the table next to me bought one and his review was "this tastes disgusting".

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I also tried the new Starbucks Almond Biscotti Oat Latte last week, which is wicked. Its like you're drinking a big biscuit. Ralphy/Chris would approve. 

Starbucks regularly have stuff I like or like the sound of - I used to get their eggnog latte every Christmas until I started boycotting them some years ago.

BTW, in light of your recent dream, I thought I'd share one of my favourite Youtube videos - I've watched lots of videos on making Turkish/Arabic coffee in a cezve/kanaka/ibrik, but this is one of the best. The narrator has one of the best voices I've ever heard, and it suits the content perfectly.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

Some absolute wrongun on that Dull Men's Club the other day was trying to advocate for a spoonful of BUTTER in coffee.

Please don't let anyone from here out themselves with similar. I'm having a bad enough day as it is.

It's not something I tend to do, but I have seen a few articles which talk about the science of it - the way they describe it, the fats in the butter help to prevent the usual energy crash from coffee, somehow turning it into a slow release of caffeine.

Of course, then you have to drink it.

2 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

It's not something I tend to do, but I have seen a few articles which talk about the science of it - the way they describe it, the fats in the butter help to prevent the usual energy crash from coffee, somehow turning it into a slow release of caffeine.

Of course, then you have to drink it.

Right, but I've also seen people advocating for the health benefits of drinking piss, but it's not something I do!!!....

....often.

• Paid Members

Given the quality of the content of this forum over the years, I'm not sure we have much of a moral high ground on how to do anything at all.

4 minutes ago, NeverYield said:

I drink an outrageous amount of tea through the day, sugars no good to you, I like to keep fit and I don't really like the taste of it either to be honest, in my opinion tea with honey tastes much nicer anyway.

Yeah it's not the worst thing in the world.

I assume this is black tea without milk?

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Imagine hot Angel Delight, which actually sounds really nice, but it's not. It was grim. Even the kids hated it.

My wife was excited to try these at the weekend, and that lasted until the first sip. They are horrible drinks.