Hot Drinks

Chris B

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, mim731 said:

The Lidl knock-off of Azera tastes very similar at a fraction of the price I've found, which has been a big help when I don't have time to make a "proper" coffee. 

My Aldi has 2 of the Azera style ones plus a Decaf version too. I always get one for work and a tin of the Decaf for the evening at home. All of them are great for the price. 

@Bellenda Carlisle It's good to know I'm on the right tracks. I tried quite a few instants but generally found them too acidic/bitter but Azera has just the right balance for me.

I've not tried the Aldi version, will keep an eye out for it though I've recently bulk bought my Azera from Costco.

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

I'd rather be late than miss out on my coffee. 

@FelatioLips how's your journey into full-on coffee nonce coming along? 

Really good actually!

Took a while to figure out the right grounds to water measurements as the scoop that comes with the machine was a little too small for my liking so I stuck to my aeropress one. We're there though and I'm making pretty spot on cups every time now.
We've also both came to the conclusion that Oat Milk makes a really nice cup too, specifically the Oatly Barista one. Makes that late-night Decaf especially indulgent and soothing.

• Awards Moderator

Excellent! 

17 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Took a while to figure out the right grounds to water measurements

Now take your scales and complete your training! Come join the rest of us bell-ends and weigh your beans. You'll be right every time, and 4% lonelier. 

• Paid Members

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brown-Bear-Mountain-Medium-Ground/dp/B00FZ4HOEQ/ref=sr_1_5_pp?crid=3HMOWDIK2TCKX&keywords=blue%2Bmountain%2Bcoffee&qid=1705951071&sprefix=blue%2Bmo%2Caps%2C118&sr=8-5&th=1

I'm enjoying this stuff at the moment. It's not real Blue Mountain, I can actually afford this now and again, it's still about twice the price of my normal go to though. Tastes lovely, smooth as silk and smells even better, I'm sniffing the bag like a pervert every time I'm in the kitchen.

• Paid Members

I'ma Brown Bear devotee too. Have the Sweet Brazil & Breakfast Blend beans on subscription. 

Lovely coffee and money given to Save the Bears, which is brill cos bears are by far the best wild animal. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

We've also both came to the conclusion that Oat Milk makes a really nice cup too, specifically the Oatly Barista one. Makes that late-night Decaf especially indulgent and soothing.

Yeh, the Oatly Barista milk is probably the only decent oat milk for coffee - it's genuinely rich and indulgent, but it also doesn't have that slightly heavy feel that real milk has. I had a mocha latte made with it the other day, and it was lush.

Edited by Carbomb

I know that some of you have boycotted Nestle but has anyone else tried Milo? It’s back in the UK (it’s mainly popular in the Asian market). It’s a chocolate/malt powder that can be drank with hot water, milk or both. I find that Milo tastes fine with just hot water. For me, it’s the best hot chocolate drink available.

11 minutes ago, deathrey said:

So it's chocolate Horlicks?

You could say that but you can’t taste the malt as much. It just tastes like a decent hot chocolate to me.

• Paid Members

Always liked Milo - very popular in Mauritius, and my grandma often made it for me whenever we were over there.

@deathrey would say closer to Ovaltine, but slightly less malty.

I have seen it advertised in India but never bothered to look in to it as milk straight from the cow is an acquired taste that I err haven't acquired.

Edited by deathrey