Vice: Dark Side of the Ring

SuperBacon

16 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Otherwise they are making a show about a man from England named Tom who was a cunt.

That’s exactly what they’re doing!  I’m not really sure what your definition of balanced should be, equal amounts of running time dedicated to his wrestling and his, ahem, dark side? This isn’t a documentary about his life and career, it’s very title tells you what the focus will be. 

37 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

That’s exactly what they’re doing!  I’m not really sure what your definition of balanced should be, equal amounts of running time dedicated to his wrestling and his, ahem, dark side? This isn’t a documentary about his life and career, it’s very title tells you what the focus will be. 

41 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Did you watch the Chris Benoit one @RancidPunx? They didn’t ignore the fact he was a world champion and main evented Wrestlemania or any of his contributions to wrestling. It wasn’t all murder and what a horrible cunt he ended up being from the get go. 

Thats what i am saying what i hope this one will be .

That it will show how good a wrestler was and how big a cunt he was.

Obviously I dont expect equal time or weight to be given to both aspects of his character .  

1 hour ago, RancidPunx said:

Thats what i am saying what i hope this one will be .

That it will show how good a wrestler was and how big a cunt he was.

Why do you hope that, may I ask? Purely in terms of an interesting documentary, a minute spent talking about how great his Tiger Mask/Bulldogs matches were is a minute taken away from the actual interesting stuff that we all watch these documentaries for. Youre implying you want a significant (but admittedly not equal) amount of time spent on how good of a wrestler he was, which not only misses the point of what these shows are about, but quite frankly would be boring to watch.

• 1 year later...

There seems to be a kind of spin off show called 'Tales From The Territories' coming out soon with The Rock.

Titled "Tales From The Territories," this new show will be similar to "Dark Side of the Ring" in the sense that they will present stories from a bygone era with reenactments and interviews with some of the people that lived through them. But instead of one-on-one interviews, the spinoff will feature a roundtable of wrestlers telling stories. And rather than covering one unbelievable tale per episode, Eisener says that we'll get 5 or 6.

https://www.slashfilm.com/1023449/what-you-can-expect-from-the-new-dark-side-of-the-ring-spin-off-with-dwayne-the-rock-johnson-exclusive/

Yeah, there was a trailer released a few weeks back.

It’s going to be full of fantastic bullshit. The Wrestling equivalent of The Four Yorkshiremen.

”I beat Inoki in the Tokyo Dome, then flew over the international dateline and wrestled the previous day”. 
“You think that’s something, I died in the ring that night and still went over”