Infinity Land Posted August 20 Posted August 20 32 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said: We do though, don't we? WWE's history shows us exactly what they are going to do. Hiromu is talented and charismatic but none of that means anything in WWE. He is small and doesn't speak English. Admittedly, we are at a time when this has never mattered less in WWE, but you still have HHH, Bruce Prichard and Michael Hayes booking him. I hope he catches on. I truly do - but WWE's track record with small, talented, male Japanese wrestlers is not great (see: Tozawa, Akira and Michinoku, Taka for just two examples). Indeed Quote
The Dart Posted August 20 Posted August 20 2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said: We do though, don't we? WWE's history shows us exactly what they are going to do. Hiromu is talented and charismatic but none of that means anything in WWE. He is small and doesn't speak English. Admittedly, we are at a time when this has never mattered less in WWE, but you still have HHH, Bruce Prichard and Michael Hayes booking him. I hope he catches on. I truly do - but WWE's track record with small, talented, male Japanese wrestlers is not great (see: Tozawa, Akira and Michinoku, Taka for just two examples). You think Akira Tozawa should have been world champ or something? Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted August 20 Paid Members Posted August 20 I actually think Tozawa has been a success, good comedy wrestler who got over a ridiculous gimmick during lock down and has been part of a wildly liked and TV present stable for the last few years while not being jobbed out that much. Even Taka feels like it went better than it could have, obviously the Light Heavyweight division never really took off the way it could have, but he remained employed for like 4 years. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted August 20 Posted August 20 1 hour ago, The Dart said: You think Akira Tozawa should have been world champ or something? No. Do you think Hiromu Takahashi should be? Quote
The Dart Posted August 20 Posted August 20 (edited) 1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said: No. Do you think Hiromu Takahashi should be? So what is it about Tozawa that is an indicator of their track record being bad? Edited August 20 by The Dart Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted August 21 Posted August 21 12 hours ago, The Dart said: So what is it about Tozawa that is an indicator of their track record being bad? Seriously? Quote
Mr_Danger Posted August 21 Posted August 21 I think for a guy built like Tozawa in WWE he’s done pretty good. They obviously give him a load of shit to work with and a lot of the time the joke has been ‘lol look at the japanish man doing silly things’ but he always commits to the bit and owns his place on the card, even if it is low down. I was never previously familiar with him on the indies or in Japan though. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted August 21 Paid Members Posted August 21 14,000 tickets sold for tonight. They’re looking like they might sell out. I wonder if anyone has sent Eddie Kingston a text, thanking him for the house. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 22 Paid Members Posted August 22 I’m so confused by their treatment of Blake Monroe, the way they’ve actively been trying to keep her out of the ring. Are they doing it for the amusement of someone backstage? It’s been so consistent that it’s clearly deliberate. As for the rest of the show, as predictable as it was, I hate how almost every big WWE title match on TV has to end with an unclean finish. I’m assuming this is building up to a multi-person match rather than another leg of Owens/Zayn, but even if that is the case, I wish they’d find a more creative way of getting to that point. It’s a very rinse-repeat approach. Kyoki isn’t the best name I’ve ever heard, and if Road Dogg viewed the tag titles as ‘beneath the Gunns’, it begs the question as to how they perceive him given that’s immediately where he’s being placed. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted August 22 Paid Members Posted August 22 (edited) I actually watched Punk vs Owens. It was fine. Solid yet very unspectacular or memorable. Punk's offense looks weak as piss these days but he's still brilliant at selling. Strange how Punk is simultaneously in the best shape of his life while also looking fucking knackered. Weird seeing Owens and Zayn still knocking about eachother all these years later. I've been seeing them fighting from 2004! They must be bored senseless of working eachother by now. Wade Barrett has the most unpleasant sounding speaking voice in wrestling. I had to have the volume on low. He might be making great calls but I couldn't tell because he sounds like absolute shite. Edited August 22 by LaGoosh Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted August 22 Posted August 22 1 hour ago, RedTwoster said: I’m so confused by their treatment of Blake Monroe, the way they’ve actively been trying to keep her out of the ring. Are they doing it for the amusement of someone backstage? It’s been so consistent that it’s clearly deliberate. As for the rest of the show, as predictable as it was, I hate how almost every big WWE title match on TV has to end with an unclean finish. I’m assuming this is building up to a multi-person match rather than another leg of Owens/Zayn, but even if that is the case, I wish they’d find a more creative way of getting to that point. It’s a very rinse-repeat approach. Kyoki isn’t the best name I’ve ever heard, and if Road Dogg viewed the tag titles as ‘beneath the Gunns’, it begs the question as to how they perceive him given that’s immediately where he’s being placed. She's an unashamed WWE Mark. They award this by wasting her. She has an AEW spot waiting for her though when she decides she doesn't want to sit in catering. Quote
Chili Posted August 22 Posted August 22 (edited) 16 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: She's an unashamed WWE Mark. They award this by wasting her. She has an AEW spot waiting for her though when she decides she doesn't want to sit in catering. It sounds classic conspiracy theory bollocks but wrestling being SOOOO petty you would almost wouldn't rule out that them knowing she's a big WWE mark, but going to AEW first to raise her stock in the shop window to them is an insult and she should have signed with them first and thus, they're willing to sign, spend money on her and then do nowt to teach people a ridiculously vague lesson in fuck all but wasting time for everyone. Or... she'll win the title next year at Mania so Trippers can do a segment on Unreal to say it was all a big plan. How fucking dumb are the naysayers. We're weeks away from Bully Ray saying her not wrestling is actually a great story and you don't understand, fucking marks. Edited August 22 by Chili Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted August 22 Paid Members Posted August 22 Poundland Timeless Toni Storm. Quote
Chili Posted August 22 Posted August 22 Just now, Supremo said: Poundland Timeless Toni Storm. Ha!!! I didn't know they did that. That's amazing. Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted August 22 Paid Members Posted August 22 12 hours ago, LaGoosh said: Wade Barrett has the most unpleasant sounding speaking voice in wrestling. I had to have the volume on low. He might be making great calls but I couldn't tell because he sounds like absolute shite. Not havng that. After WrestleMe exposed he has the voice of a cartoon bear I love hearing him commentate 11 hours ago, Supremo said: Poundland Timeless Toni Storm. I am sure it's 100% the destination, but as it stands I don't think it's a rip off as yet. Unless Toni Storm was ripping off Hilda Ogden with the curlers and Blake followed suit! I'm sure they'll get there in time. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.