Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 28, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 28, 2025 Poor bastard looks about 150. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted June 28, 2025 Posted June 28, 2025 I feel like I'm in a fantasy land. I've just read an article on a fairly reputable site saying how Punk had 'revitalised' and 'resuscitated' John Cena's heel run, and I feel like I've gone mad as this is all utter shit. I can't believe they even made Punk wear a role play costume to suck a blood money covered dick. I genuinely don't know how much lower they can take him. This is Triple H's masterclass in petty. Quote
The King of Old School Posted June 28, 2025 Posted June 28, 2025 The idea wasnt bad in theory with Cena doing a recreate of Punks "pipe bomb" last week, but good lord that rap was brutal. In front of a crowd that had no idea what was being said, might have worked better in the states. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted June 28, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 28, 2025 (edited) I get up when I want, except on Fridays when I get rudely awakened by the e-mail containing that night’s creative (Punk Life!) I put my John Cena cosplay on, have a cup of tea and I think about punching Road Dogg (Punk Life!) I read the criticisms on Twitter, I sometimes read the criticisms on Instagram too, it gives me a sense of enormous hypocrisy (Punk Life!) And then I'm dead inside for the rest of the day, safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit of my soul I’ve lost to it. Bonus Smackdown thoughts! Spice up your life! - I almost don’t want to take the piss too much because the match itself was really good, but when Rey Fenix was posting memes about being trapped in the AEW prison, do you think his ultimate goal was to be thrown into a random “Hunter said you lot are all the same,” tag team with Andrade? - Ron Killings now the only person on television still trying to call him Ron Killings. Everyone else already back to calling him R-Truth. Seemingly being phased down the card to lose to Aleister Black, too. Are you definitely, definitely sure this was all a work from the start, Hunter? Getting very slight vibes that it wasn’t. - Funny when Zelina lost and Cole described it as a great reign coming to an end. About three rubbish matches, deafening silence for every entrance and one broken nose botch. Leave the memories alone. - Cena cosplay seemed to age Punk by at least fifty years. How do you do, fellow kids? The Miz literally did this same bit, dressing up as Cena, a few years ago, didn’t he? I’m sure it’s not related at all, but if it was, and someone was being put through a humiliation ritual, you’d pick the Saudi show for him to rehash The Miz’s shtick, wouldn’t you? Life comes full circle. - The video package on the history of Punk vs. Cena is so fantastic. How did they miss this open goal?! - Cody Rhodes is the fucking man. Get the belt back on him as soon as possible. Assuming they’re going to turn Cena back babyface before he leaves, I wonder if The Rock even bothers to turn up to tie it up narratively. “Sorry, John. No room in my diary until mid-January, when I’ll be back to ruin Hunter’s life again.” - Back to two hours starting next week! Thank fuck for that. - Jacob Fatu as a babyface is the best thing happening in WWE right now. Most nailed on success they have. Even in their current form, I don’t know how they miss with this. Edited June 28, 2025 by Supremo Quote
FUM Posted June 28, 2025 Posted June 28, 2025 44 minutes ago, Supremo said: I almost don’t want to take the piss too much because the match itself was really good, but when Rey Fenix was posting memes about being trapped in the AEW prison, do you think his ultimate goal was to be thrown into a random “Hunter said you lot are all the same,” tag team with Andrade? His entrance really summed up the current theme song issues. I didn’t even realise Andrade’s had stopped and a new one was playing and until the light came on him was saying “who is it?” Not convinced commentary even knew who it was. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 28, 2025 Posted June 28, 2025 Jacob could and should be one of the next best things as long as they don't just turn him into a catchphrase machine. They need to balance it out a little better sometimes. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted June 28, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 28, 2025 I tried watching it but I just couldn’t stomach it. Opened with a promo, the feed cut for 30 minutes. Came back to a backstage promo, went to ad break. Just endless promos and ad breaks and a dogshit Zelina Vega match and an even worse Jimmy Uso match. Don’t know how people manage. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted June 28, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 28, 2025 1 hour ago, FLips said: Just endless promos and ad breaks and a dogshit Zelina Vega match and an even worse Jimmy Uso match. Don’t know how people manage. I've given up on attempting to watch the 3hr 'previously streamed live' version of SmackDown that is available immediately. After a day or so they usually update it with an edited version that has about a 2hr runtime. Quote
Ro_y Disco Posted June 28, 2025 Posted June 28, 2025 The rap/promo wasn't as bad as I was expecting but just felt so forced. The return of the Michael Cole forced laugh as well! He did a weird half laugh/half cough at the Hogan line, about the most genuine thing in the whole segment. Quote
Kfogg1991 Posted June 28, 2025 Posted June 28, 2025 Who in the world would have thought that months ago on that faithful night after the elimination chamber had finished. The rock fuled by ego single handily destroyed, the last year of John Cena's in ring carer and the entire career and lifelong credibility of cm punk. It's either the most depressing/soul destroying thing or the longest acid trip of my life. Let's find out how much worse it can get tonight Quote
thatvinylgeek Posted June 28, 2025 Posted June 28, 2025 Yeah I was expecting much worse, didn't notice any real problems...this is lovely Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 28, 2025 Posted June 28, 2025 36 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said: It's either the most depressing/soul destroying thing or the longest acid trip of my life. I mean if the worst thing to happen to you is some questionable wrestling booking then I think you're probably doing alright. Quote
Kfogg1991 Posted June 28, 2025 Posted June 28, 2025 7 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: I mean if the worst thing to happen to you is some questionable wrestling booking then I think you're probably doing alright. Haha didn't think of it like that.... huzzah Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted June 28, 2025 Posted June 28, 2025 47 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said: Who in the world would have thought that months ago on that faithful night after the elimination chamber had finished. The rock fuled by ego single handily destroyed, the last year of John Cena's in ring carer and the entire career and lifelong credibility of cm punk. It's either the most depressing/soul destroying thing or the longest acid trip of my life. Let's find out how much worse it can get tonight Its really not that deep Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted June 28, 2025 Posted June 28, 2025 (edited) Don't all punks end up becoming hideously cringe in their 40s? Edited June 28, 2025 by Snitsky's back acne Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.