Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted July 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2025 Uncle Howdy in spooky mask on the stage for the ten bell salute. What an image. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted July 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2025 "Yesterday, WWE and pro wrestling lost one of its giants in Hulk Hogan. I know emotions and feelings regarding it are complicated. What isn't complicated are his contributions to WWE, pro wrestling and entertainment as a whole. They're indisputable." Cody Rhodes is really fucking good at this stuff. The sooner he takes Hunter’s job the better. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted July 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2025 The Smackdown tag division might be my least favourite thing in wrestling right now. I don’t expect him to say that it’s shit, but every time Joe Tessitore insists it’s ’red hot’ I die a little inside. It’s packed with talented wrestlers, but they’re almost all booked to look like bickering children. And the way they just wrestle one another over and over is such lazy booking. 39 minutes ago, Supremo said: "Yesterday, WWE and pro wrestling lost one of its giants in Hulk Hogan. I know emotions and feelings regarding it are complicated. What isn't complicated are his contributions to WWE, pro wrestling and entertainment as a whole. They're indisputable." Cody Rhodes is really fucking good at this stuff. The sooner he takes Hunter’s job the better. AEW really missed his presence at press conferences when he first left, he was an absolute master at handling tough questions and continues to be like that in WWE. I can kind of understand his hesitation to turn heel given how good he is at the PR stuff, he seems to enjoy it too. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted July 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2025 If Logan Paul had come out of NXT he would be lauded as the best thing of all time. It's very unusual 'celebrities' really understand how important proper heat is - they don't usually want to look bad - but the delusion fits his character so well. That 'Thank you Logan' promo was excellent. And yes props to Jelly Roll too. Apparently he's renting a house over the road to the PC so he can practice every day. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 26, 2025 Posted July 26, 2025 The Jelly Roll stuff is how to do celebrity without it impacting too ridiculously on anything. Unlike Travis Scott who thankfully they seem to have given up on completely*. *Please don't blame me if he turns up at Summerslam. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted July 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2025 1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said: The Jelly Roll stuff is how to do celebrity without it impacting too ridiculously on anything. Unlike Travis Scott who thankfully they seem to have given up on completely*. *Please don't blame me if he turns up at Summerslam. I read that Travis Scott and WWE have parted ways on unfriendly terms, thankfully. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 26, 2025 Posted July 26, 2025 17 minutes ago, Onyx2 said: I read that Travis Scott and WWE have parted ways on unfriendly terms, thankfully. I will trust in this. Unless Dwayne gets bored doing whatever he's up to these days and then we're in trouble. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted July 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2025 The Observer makes it sound like they’ve completely fucked Travis Scott off. What a weird trivia note he’ll become, having one of the biggest heel turns and a Wrestlemania main event built around him, only for it to lead to nothing. The hip hop Hade Vansen. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted July 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2025 10 hours ago, TheBurningRed said: Uncle Howdy in spooky mask on the stage for the ten bell salute. What an image. One of the only black faces I spotted on the stage. Ciampa the other, honouring Hulk with that gorgeous deep creosote tan. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted July 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 26, 2025 13 hours ago, Supremo said: A tasty Black Hole Slam. Me heading over to YouTube after reading this: I was thoroughly satisfied. I haven’t checked Cagematch but, on this evidence and running the data through the Fat Guy Bossman Slam Index, Jellyroll is top 5 workers in North America currently. He sounded great too! Quote
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted July 26, 2025 Posted July 26, 2025 Yeah for all the hate and ‘so and so can’t get a match but Jelly Roll is’, he’s taken it as seriously as Bad Bunny, Stephen Amell and, going back further, Snookie did before their respective matches which should always be respected not ridiculed Quote
Kfogg1991 Posted August 2, 2025 Posted August 2, 2025 I cannot fucking believe it, even for a company like WWE where they constantly drop a bollock and make terrible decisions having John Cena open up smackdown and turn back baby-face out of nowhere. Trying to blame rock and Scott for corrupting him then leaving him alone instead of being by his side. Contradicting everything he's said completely and saying he wants to leave with the belt not to kill the business but so he's not forgotten by the fans. Then topping it off Cody accepting and welcoming the real John Cena back and having a beer together. Honestly the fucking worst possible way to do that obvious switch back in history of wrestling that should and could have been done during the match and supposedly the biggest match/actual main event. I'm not buying it being a swerve or anything beneficial for the ppv at all, if anything I believe rock and Scott were meant to be there and part of the match but not bothering now so they did it this way instead. Fucking awful Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted August 2, 2025 Posted August 2, 2025 (edited) I don't want to revisit my 'The Rock is the absolute worst' gimmick, but that promo did essentially feel like it leant in to what we know from Unreal to say 'look, we're sorry - we had big plans for this but The Rock and Travis Scott fucked us and now we're out of ideas.' An absolutely shambolic final run for John Cena. I'm sure they'll do something unexpected, and this promo will be seen as part of that; but I'll remain convinced this was, via John Cenas mouth, Triple H nodding at The Rock and Travis Scott and saying 'pair of cunts, you two.' Edited August 2, 2025 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted August 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 2, 2025 There IS a way. Uncle Paul tried to warn us. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted August 2, 2025 Posted August 2, 2025 If they decided it's shit and it's not working and it can't be what they want it to be then I'd rather they did this than drag it out for the sake of it. They probably think they'll get more interest in a face Cena now, which is likely true. If it's all a swerve then I guess we'll see where it goes next. Hard to judge on one segment alone really. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.