The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Carmelo Owens will make sure I watch wrestling in the morning. Interesting to see what dynamic they take with Lashley and Santos as well, unless I've missed them turning Lashley face again already.

For a Christmas edition, it's not that bad. Easy watching in the background when people have other priorities that weekend kind of thing. At least they're progressing storylines and it's not just a holiday special.

• Paid Members

I’d give anything to have the optimism of Triple H, truly believing this time, on his fourth or fifth push, Karrion Kross is going to finally get over.

Fitting they’re putting the Authors of Pain with him, since Kross is the embodiment of this. A worthless pile of shit that’s destined to fail.

IMG_7215.thumb.jpeg.f3cdea09a840b0bb435c100d6a0b9fa6.jpeg

What a career trajectory for AOP. Going from bad to worse.

11 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’d give anything to have the optimism of Triple H, truly believing this time, on his fourth or fifth push, Karrion Kross is going to finally get over.

At this point I can only assume he’s trying to prove to someone (probably Vince) that he was right about Kross all along. I’m a big fan of Triple H’s booking, but I’m baffled by what he sees in the guy. It’s interesting that Smackdown has so many factions right now - I’m not necessarily predicting this, but I’m starting to wonder if they’re going to introduce a trios title, making the tag belts exclusive to Raw.

Aldis is excellent in his role as GM, but I can’t help but think they’re missing out by not using him as an active wrestler. There’s absolutely room for him to play a prominent role on that roster.

I’m really enjoying Escobar right now. He’s just brilliant, and I could see him having a big 2024. He certainly should do, at least. He’s just brilliant.

Same goes for Carmello Hayes. I’m assuming he’s going back to NXT now to finish off his story with Trick Williams, but I hope both he and Breakker get main roster call-ups post ‘Mania. 

• Paid Members

It hadn’t occurred to me before, but Kevin Owens vs. Logan Paul is a cracking little dream match. Perfect Royal Rumble opener.

Biggest news coming out of the show is the re-appearance of Gallows and Anderson. Genuinely forgot they were employed. Big respect. Grifters of the century.

This is how I imagine Luke Gallows and Tamina spot each other in catering, both quietly keeping their heads down. The streak continues.

IMG_7216.gif.5b1092acd48e8d6a664cf068f5e4f8a1.gif

Edited by Supremo

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Fitting they’re putting the Authors of Pain with him, since Kross is the embodiment of this. A worthless pile of shit that’s destined to fail.

Wow, someone pissed on Supremo's cornflakes this morning! I mean.... wow! :) 

Nick Aldis v Roman Reigns is low key and interesting feud for post WM season.  That one little interaction was ace in this episode.

My other odd take was that Orton looked really rusty during the schmoz, and Knight saved an awkward moment with some nice work.

Smackdown is such a loaded roster that even a filler show like this was good fun.

I may be the one person here who likes Authors of Pain and is happy they’re back.

I may be the one person here who likes Anderson and Gallows and is happy they’re back.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Loki said:

I may be the one person here who likes Anderson and Gallows and is happy they’re back.

This isn’t true. Doc n Karl are one of my favourite “few frills” tag teams of the last ten years. I say few frills because Karl has personality when he lets his inner joker come out a bit, it just hasn’t happened in WWE.

Gallows full shoot interview as Sex Ferguson with Cliff Compton & Freight Train is on Highspots Youtube channel. Still very funny all these years later. Always had a soft spot for Gallows, clearly such a huge fan of the business.

15 hours ago, air_raid said:

This isn’t true. Doc n Karl are one of my favourite “few frills” tag teams of the last ten years. I say few frills because Karl has personality when he lets his inner joker come out a bit, it just hasn’t happened in WWE.

So long as he doesn’t bring Sour Boy back, he’s the worst 

• 2 weeks later...

Really loved that ending with Roman celebrating completely unaware of the consequences of his actions while the viewer was. A proper “take that you bastard” moment for the fan watching at home.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Fun opener. Kevin Owens vs. Logan Paul should be great at the pay per view.

Tyler Bate is twenty six years old. Lad looks at least double his age. Developmental adds decades on you. Probably the stress of having to listen to all the Q-Anon nutters chatting nonsense. No wonder he got such a rubbish reaction from the crowd. Fans probably thought it was Butch’s dad.

Between Orton, AJ and now the fucking size of The Rock, this has got to be the juiciest roster in years. Like watching a show out of 2003.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say this new push and faction will not work, and Karrion Kross will not get over, due to being so utterly, utterly shit.

Roman’s greying beard is the best look he’s ever had. Never has anyone looked and felt like such a superstar whilst wearing a hoodie and tracksuit.

Fun main event until the finish. LA Knight still has it, whether people want to admit or not.

The daft finish in the main event was not for me, Clive. Roman mean mugging Aldis, thinking he’d out smartened him? I wanted Nick Aldis to announce he was fighting Roman himself. Him whispering about the Four Way was a huge disappointment compared to that.

Imagine if Roman’s title reign actually ends in a Four Way, without him getting pinned, so he can go on to face The Rock. I’ll laugh my bollocks off. Finish your story, Cody. Beat Randy Orton, ending his two month reign.

Edited by Supremo

6 hours ago, FUM said:

Really loved that ending with Roman celebrating completely unaware of the consequences of his actions while the viewer was. A proper “take that you bastard” moment for the fan watching at home.

Agree with this, that camera angle at the end with the conflicting reactions between Heyman outside the ring, and Reigns inside, almost felt like something “new” and almost Un-Dunn?

Edited by Matthew