The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

Yeah the queue at entrance B was huge so yeah they were just directing people elsewhere.

It was a solid enough show, LA Knight’s pop and the Bloodline segment being the highlights and enjoyed the tag title match also. Expected more from Charlotte v Asuka to be fair but wasn’t given the time to get going. 

• Paid Members

I am 100% all in on Jey being the one to take Romans title. I wanted Sami to win, I wanted Cody to win, but Jey really feels like he SHOULD win. He started the storyline, he should finish it. 

2 hours ago, Nick James said:

On 5/7/2023 at 11:38 AM, SuperBacon said:

Also, I cannot believe that even in Puerto Rico, that prick in the green t-shirt was still front row and centre.

If he is for MITB as well, I'm telling UK Border Control he's a wanted nonce or something. 

I'm on the phone as we speak. 

Anyone sees him tonight, nick his passport. 

7 minutes ago, uklaw said:

I don’t know the veracity of this, but there is a post on Reddit suggesting some racist chants were directed at Bianca Belair at the O2.

I had a quick look, and if this one person on Twitter is telling the truth, and it was a whole section as they claim, then I'm going to have to think that 1.) The majority of people that were sat around them reported it/them/called them out on it and 2.) WWE will address this, as football clubs often do.

Or 3.) It's absolute bollocks. 

26 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I had a quick look, and if this one person on Twitter is telling the truth, and it was a whole section as they claim, then I'm going to have to think that 1.) The majority of people that were sat around them reported it/them/called them out on it and 2.) WWE will address this, as football clubs often do.

Or 3.) It's absolute bollocks. 

I have no idea, as I wasn’t there, but I know a few people here were so they may be able to confirm or disprove this.

I’ll admit to being surprised reading it, as we’ve worked hard as a country to tackle this sort of thing in sporting and entertainment events. Even factoring in the “but wrestling fans are wrong ‘uns” narrative. 

I’m sure we’ll get to the truth of the matter. 

It wasn't a great show, for me. Very by-the-numbers with little reaction from the performers with the crowd, it just all felt very wooden. And stupid me thought a US title contender's match and a women's title match would last longer than they did - I left during entrances thinking they would go through an advert and missed the entirety of both. (I was being a bit slow to get drinks during the latter, I admit.) But did I think I'd actually missed anything? Nope.

The pre-show match was dull, and the tag title opener was bland considering the talent involved. Oh, and I hadn't listened to Grayson Waller outside of NXT before, but why was he so boring? He almost literally just said there's a PPV coming up, here's Logan Paul, and said nothing of note. Where was the personality? Anyone could have done it. Maybe I missed something. Again.

There were fun parts, of course, and yep the video packages still rule. And tonight will likely be a great watch. I just expected a little more oomph. Do wrestlers not try to rile up the fans while the cameras are off anymore? I suppose if they can just show merch adverts during the breaks it's easier for them.

Oh, talking of merch, did all the stands just have these mostly new London-themed items and a few Reigns or Cody t-shirts? Was there no retro stuff, or even new items featuring a bunch of the other stars that they have? Every stand I saw was very, very limited.

I hope everyone who went had a fun time, and don't be afraid to find a way around the queues this time around! Still looking forward to tonight :)

20 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Definitely didn't hear anything like that at all and no one I know in various other sections heard anything like that either.

The most offensive thing I saw all night was two Austin Theory matches.

That last bit made me 🤣

It seemed far-fetched (given all that I said before) but it was worth asking to have the falsehood confirmed. If anything, it looks like it may have just been an invented pretext for the people on Twitter/Reddit to say those things themselves.

For reasons that are probably obvious now, I’m tuned in to things like this. Some may say sensitive. Thankfully this seems to be total nonsense.

The show itself was an alright one, with the expected love for LA Knight and some decent hype for tonight’s show. Not perfect but decent.

Edited by uklaw

I think it would've been fairly obvious if it was happening. The crowd wasn't that loud during that anyway so it wouldn't have gone unseen. It was obvious when one section was shouting wanker at Austin Theory.. and then Rey Mysterio enjoyed calling him that too.