The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see the Street Profits in suits, turning technically heel and being with Lashley. They've been needing a change for a while as seems like for ages they have been floundering. I wasn't sure if they would break them up and let them compete as single stars, I'm sure they will in  time but for now I'm liking this move and hopefully they'll be at the top challenging again for the tag team belts.

Even bigger crowd reaction to 

L 👈🏻 A 🫵🏻 KNIGHT 👉🏻 (yeah)

this week.  and yet he's shlepping in a battle royal!

Hell, just stick Knight v Dominic Mysterio on the card simply for the crowd reaction.

“I did it… for The Rock!”

Okay… now they’ve lost me.

Absolutely shite. Complete vanity. I could have lived with Jimmy/Jey if it meant the Bloodline story was moving over to them, freeing Roman up to work other people. The fact we’re still doing this family melodrama nonsense in the same way we have been for months? Fuck off.

It’s increasingly outrageous that Roman Reigns - on a limited schedule - is continuing to isolate himself to work with his family of mid-carders, without actually elevating anyone. The one act that actually grew in any meaningful way was The Uso’s and they’ve split those poor cunts up.

I think “deuces, uce’s” is the lamest end to a show ever, too.

Shite. It’s done. Over. Dead.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

I really didn't mind it.

Obviously it's not "cinema" or whatever. The best is over and done. But I'm not watching it thinking it's terrible either. I think the guys are good enough to carry it on and make it interesting.

How long for? I don't know. I'm not entirely sure where they're going with it now with the stuff with Jey at the end but I guess we'll see.

Anyway I can see why some people are bored of it and why others are still enjoying it. I'll still be watching it with curiosity.

Crikey, it's been awhile since I've seen someone on the main roster bungle up like that. It's like someone plucked Mideon out of Heat 99 obscurity and slammed him into a King of Trios match. 

I thought the Jey/Jimmy stuff was pretty decent, and I imagine that Roman will move on and work with someone else now, whoever it may be. 

I actually didn’t mind the Kross stuff either, it made the match look more ‘real’, as if Kross was trying to block AJ; although it didn’t end up mattering as AJ tried something different and it worked.

On the whole, I thought it was another solid Smackdown. I’m also wondering, with the tag title on RAW and a number of three man stables existing, if there’s any chance they’ll launch three-man tag titles on Smackdown? I’m not necessarily advocating or even predicting it, but with Kross hinting at bringing in back-up, The OC and Lashley/Street Prophets; it did leave me wondering.

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

It’s increasingly outrageous that Roman Reigns - on a limited schedule - is continuing to isolate himself to work with his family of mid-carders, without actually elevating anyone.

I’m bored of the storyline too but that’s just not true. There are full crowds chanting Jey Uso’s name and giving it the big “woah” whenever Solo stares down Roman. He’s still lifting them up and I doubt anyone at all would care about any of the three brothers if Roman hadn’t been involved.

He’s put them in a position he can probably leave the storyline of The Usos and people would still be interested.

Edited by FUM

24 minutes ago, FUM said:

I’m bored of the storyline too but that’s just not true. There are full crowds chanting Jey Uso’s name and giving it the big “woah” whenever Solo stares down Roman. He’s still lifting them up and I doubt anyone at all would care about any of the three brothers if Roman hadn’t been involved.

He’s put them in a position he can probably leave the storyline of The Usos and people would still be interested.

They’re lifted up because they’re working with Roman. Or rather, they’re there because he is. They’ve not been put in a position to stay there.

I can’t see a world where Jey Uso works PPV main events after the Bloodline saga, can you?

Within a year of this being over The Uso’s will be back together.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

5 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

They’re lifted up because they’re working with Roman. Or rather, they’re there because he is. They’ve not been put in a position to stay there.

I can’t see a world where Jey Uso works PPV main events after the Bloodline saga, can you?

Within a year of this being over The Uso’s will be back together.

You said yourself that you could have lived with the story carrying on without Roman and are now saying they can’t stay where they are without him.

In a world where there is two Championships to compete for then I can absolutely see a world where Jey Uso is a main event level superstar on his own and he’s been leading SmackDown for a number of weeks when Roman wasn’t there and doing a fine job. I can also see the same in Solo’s future. Jimmy, not so much.

Of course they’ll be back together, they told us in their interview with Ariel they don’t really have an interest in being singles other than a feud with each other. It doesn’t mean Jey isn’t capable of being a singles though if they are back together.