The (mostly bad) films of Kevin Smith

King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Only films of his I still enjoy are Dogma and Clerks. Pretty much everything else I either didn't like to begin with, or has aged badly for me.

I think Zack and Miri is a great comedy. So much better than his other offerings since Dogma (although I do have a soft spot for Clerks 2).

Good cast, good story, great laughs. Surprised he didn't try his hand at more of the Apatow type films tbh. 

10 hours ago, Steve Justice said:

Surprised he didn't try his hand at more of the Apatow type films tbh. 

I'm not! The film massively underperformed at the box-office at a time when Rogen was very bankable. The 'failure' actually sent Smith into a bit of a depression and may have been responsible for him getting really into smoking weed. He's spoken about it a bunch in interviews and on podcasts. 

Anyway, the film is alright. Not great or anything, but good enough for a few laughs. 

I hope his new one is good. I'm not holding my breath, since I've not really enjoyed anything he's done for an age, but I'm certainly more interested in seeing it than I am Mallrats 2 or whatever sequel/reboot he has in the pipeline.