Royal Rumble 2019 discussion

HarmonicGenerator

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Meltzer reported last week that Cena was never going to be on the show. He's filming a movie that made it impossible. The plan was for Lars Sullivan to attack and, "injure," John, taking him out of The Rumble a few weeks ago, leading to a Wrestlemania match, but then Lars had a panic attack and they never shot the angle. They continued to advertise Cena for the Rumble though because they're a bunch of shady bastards who're happy to false advertise if it means they can sell more tickets to the big stadium they've booked.

Going back to the Truth not coming out at 30. I wouldn't put it past them to have him come out at number 30 in the womens rumble and then Carmella having no choice but to do so in the mens, only to be taken out by Lynch and then having Lynch win it as already mentioned.

34 minutes ago, TheShape said:

rumors Punk is in the area, will we see it?

I reckon there’s two hopes with that one; Bob Hope and no hope, and Bob’s been dead 15+ years.

The big surprise would be someone like Rock or Batista, both have movies in the pipeline. Couldn’t be Roman otherwise what wouldn’t they be sure of in regards to pulling it off? He’s either in the clear or he isn’t. 

Punk may be in the area, but not for WWE. That bridge burned long ago. I reckon it's Big Dave, what with HHH being cleared to train and in a rare piece of WWE longer term booking, a possible match between the two at Mania. If Roman shows up on screen (much more likely to be in the locker room just to spend time with the guys), then what possible angle could they pull? If he's cleared, where does he fit, if he's not, there's no reason for him to be on screen.

• Paid Members

He's not even in the area. Two pics have done the rounds- one of him and AJ at Phoenix airport taken 6 years ago, and one of him outside an airport where IT'S BEEN SNOWING. Safe to say that one wasn't taken in Mexico-bordering Arizona...

Absolutely PUMPED for the rumble. Royal Rumbles are always exciting but the rest of the card looks mouth watering too. It’ll be interesting to see how much intensity Lesnar can get out of Finn, if any. Rousey/Banks should be a classic and the Bryan and Styles feud still has me hooked. The rumble matches are intriguing as hell, no idea where they’re gonna go. If Charlotte and Rollins pick up the wins expect plenty of Moaning Online, from me in particular.

• Paid Members

Potential spoiler regarding tonight (but not any of the big matches)

I've seen stuff online of Rock being announced for the Hall of Fame this evening. With NXT being moved to the Friday so that people will go to the HoF on the Saturday and with ROH running Madison Square Garden whatever article I read was along the lines of announcing Rock as the marquee would hopefully have people more excited for it.

If Roman's in the area, could he be announced as inducting him, or maybe doing the announcement too as they've just finished filming together?

Archived